Carrie (2013) DVD ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Carrie (2013) DVD ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 13 Jun 2017 10:40

I have many DVD comparison requests I would like to make, but one at a time obviously, heheheheh :-D ... I guess I will start off with this one:

Would like a comparison of "Carrie (2013)" DVD (UK-version if possible). There are currently no comparisons of this DVD title at all from any country (only BlueRay comparisons are currently listed).

Any help with this really appreciated.

Er, did I get this right - post this in the right place etc? First time posting forum.... :-?
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Carrie (2013) DVD

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 13 Jun 2017 13:41

Hi Ewan,
Yes you did post this in the right place. Will try to look around for any DVD specs for this title.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 13 Jun 2017 23:17

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... ?fid=42539

The only release with concrete specs I found was the identical German/Scandinavian release. The UK disc will most likely be the same with some possible differences with the audio and subtitles, but compared to the Blu-ray, the DVD only has one version of the film, no deleted scenes, and missing many featurettes.

Probably best to just get the Blu-ray instead!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 14 Jun 2017 17:01

Hmmm, I'm not really a BlueRay collector person though sadly... And before anyone says anything, yes I know BlueRay typically has better quality and often more content and stuff but still I'd rather not have to start a BlueRay collection when I'm already working on a normal DVD collection (I don't have a BlueRay-Player anyway / no where to put it if I did get one anyway). 8)

Well anyway, thanks for checking. Time for me to move onto my next request! Muhahahahhaahha! :-D (Whenever I find the next title on my list and get round to posting a request... hmmmmmm). :o
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 14 Jun 2017 23:07

Ewan_McMahon wrote:(I don't have a BlueRay-Player anyway / no where to put it if I did get one anyway). 8)

Why not just replace the DVD player with a Blu-ray player? Will make things much easier and you don't have to replace your DVD library. Just play everything on one machine.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 15 Jun 2017 09:23

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:Why not just replace the DVD player with a Blu-ray player? Will make things much easier and you don't have to replace your DVD library. Just play everything on one machine.

Well if I were to get a Blue-Ray player, preferably I would want it to be an internal-player to go in my computer (I have extreemly limited space in my room for anything else). And with all the internal connections and stuff I don't know for sure if it would fit with my computer components and stuff + I don't really want to have to fiddle around with that anyway.

But anyway, internal, or external - I'm not made of money! Sure there are probably a bunch of cheap players out there somewhere, but I still got to be careful with my money! Also there's a large bunch of titles I want that are not available on Blue-Ray as far as I know (and I just prefer having my collections all the same type). Thanks for the suggestion anyway though.

---

BTW, I know I call it "Blue-Ray" instead of the way the companies call it "Blu-Ray" (the way the companies call it, missing the "e" in blue to me doesn't make it sound clever if you ask me - just saying). :-D
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 15 Jun 2017 13:38

Technically it's "Blu-ray" - small case "R". There's no reason you should spell it "Blue-Ray" when you know the correct spelling. That's like saying I spell "England" as "Ingland".

It's understandable that people may not want to upgrade to Blu-ray, but considering how cheap players are - both PC drives or standalone, and with most DVD these days skimping on extras found on Blu-rays,it's a worthy investment for film fans. Anyway, hope you found the information on "Carrie" useful!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests