The Animals of Farthing Wood (1993–1995) ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

The Animals of Farthing Wood (1993–1995) ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 19 Sep 2017 16:46

Permission to request another TV Series?

There are no current comparisons on site in any format or country for TV Series "The Animals of Farthing Wood (1993–1995)". Are there any stats for this, or anyone who has a copy and can offer them? The UK DVD boxset was released sometime in October last year btw.
Ewan_McMahon

Re: The Animals of Farthing Wood (1993–1995)

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 28 Sep 2017 16:03

Er, no repsonse from anyone for a while. Is there no data around available?
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Samuel_Scott » 28 Sep 2017 17:18

Can't find anything. Currently very cheap at Zoom though if you want to buy it and let us know? :wink:
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 28 Sep 2017 19:59

Samuel_Scott wrote:Can't find anything. Currently very cheap at Zoom though if you want to buy it and let us know? :wink:

Unfortunatly I like to know the data-stats of stuff before I buy them (just to be safe and to know for certain) - sort of the chicken and the egg situation here. Oh well, looks like this might be another long-term request.

Just wondering, apart from people adding their own comparisons, do you guys find (legit) data from other websites - and if so, what websites do you typically use? (I looked around a bit myself but didn't really find many or any that I actually trust in terms of accuracy - maybe I'm just not searching correctly or something). Thought I'd ask, that way I can check on their websites first and see if they happen to have the data of titles I'm interested in, before I ask on here in the future (I don't want to bog you guys down with so many long-term incomplete requests / also TV-series). :lol:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Samuel_Scott » 28 Sep 2017 20:06

Ewan_McMahon wrote:
Samuel_Scott wrote:Can't find anything. Currently very cheap at Zoom though if you want to buy it and let us know? :wink:

Unfortunatly I like to know the data-stats of stuff before I buy them (just to be safe and to know for certain) - sort of the chicken and the egg situation here. Oh well, looks like this might be another long-term request.

Just wondering, apart from people adding their own comparisons, do you guys find (legit) data from other websites - and if so, what websites do you typically use? (I looked around a bit myself but didn't really find many or any that I actually trust in terms of accuracy - maybe I'm just not searching correctly or something). Thought I'd ask, that way I can check on their websites first and see if they happen to have the data of titles I'm interested in, before I ask on here in the future (I don't want to bog you guys down with so many long-term incomplete requests / also TV-series). :lol:

We check for reviews using www.dvd-basen.dk - and add specs based on in-depth reviews if there are any. Other than that, submissions and discs we own ourselves!
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 29 Sep 2017 08:19

I have certain go-to review sites, blogs, etc that usually write acurate times and specs. They could be wrong at times so it is also important to cross reference and double check.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Rob_Hunt » 24 Oct 2017 08:01

I have this one! I can add it :)
Rob_Hunt
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: The Animals of Farthing Wood (1993–1995) ADDED

Postby Rob_Hunt » 24 Oct 2017 22:50

Added UK release along with a note about the only other release I saw mention of - the German one. Looks like the German one contains both English and German audio, and that seems to be the extent of the differences (but I can't verify that).
Rob_Hunt
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 25 Oct 2017 18:08

Rob_Hunt wrote:Added UK release along with a note about the only other release I saw mention of - the German one. Looks like the German one contains both English and German audio, and that seems to be the extent of the differences (but I can't verify that).

Wow! Excellent, thanks for the comparison notes Rob!

One thing though - are you certain it's region-(free)-ZERO? Amazon.co.uk (assuming I'm looking at the correct link) has it listed as such, but other websites have it listed as region-2 (and as I do not have a copy myself *yet* :wink: and cannot find any online images of the back cover of the box, I thought I'd just double check). If it is region-free-0 - I wonder why they decided to release this set as such? I'm surprised they still release new DVD's region-free in the UK - I thought here they were quite strict over region codes in this country (except for certain special releases and probably very old releases).

Anyway thanks again! :-D
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Rob_Hunt » 25 Oct 2017 18:40

No problem! And yep, I'm sure. On my computer I made sure to check every disc in case one was R2 only, and each reported a region of 1,2,3,4,5,6,8. Back cover says R0 too, for what it's worth, although I agree about it being a surprise - I was expecting it to be R2 only! :)
Rob_Hunt
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests