Rambo III (1988) BDs FAO Brent

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Rambo III (1988) BDs FAO Brent

Postby Brent_Reid » 08 Aug 2018 07:47

The comparison could use a little clarification, re the four remastered transfer BDs.

I know the UK and Oz discs have the 0.2sec horse fall cut, whereas the German doesn't. However, the UK and Oz have English subtitles for the Russian dialogue, but they're lacking on the German.

What's the score with the Scandinavian BD?

For the record, I own the Oz and German BDs, though I don't have the latter to hand at the mo' - I left it in Germany!
Brent_Reid

Re: Rambo III (1988) BDs

Postby Alister_Manson » 15 Aug 2018 01:20

The Scandinavian discs are both uncut, according to this site.. identical specs to the German disc for the UE edition and identical to the old UK/Euro one for the original. I'd assume the UE would have the burnt-in subtitles, as it's the same transfer just without that damn BBFC cut.

I was bummed to learn the Aussie one is cut, but then I'm thinking of getting the upcoming 4K quadrilogy which I assume should be fully uncut and probably with Atmos audio for all four films :)
Alister_Manson

Postby Brent_Reid » 15 Aug 2018 17:54

Thanks for the reply, Alister. As the German and Oz UEs appear to be identical discs, they'll both be missing the burned-in subs.

The current comparison could do with tidying up a little. The 'burned-in subs' info needs adding to the UK grenade packaging set. Also, the page footnotes should make it clear that as far as the remastered transfers go, it's a choice of either uncut German and Scandinavian BDs without Russian dialogue subs, or cut UK and Oz BDs with the burned-in subs.

Like I said, I have one of each but we'll have to pin our hopes on them not cocking up the UHD BDs. Not that I plan to go UHD for a while yet anyway. :-?
Brent_Reid

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 16 Aug 2018 14:12

Brent_Reid wrote:The 'burned-in subs' info needs adding to the UK grenade packaging set.

Is that confirmed that the set has non-removable English subtitles?

Brent_Reid wrote:Also, the page footnotes should make it clear that as far as the remastered transfers go, it's a choice of either uncut German and Scandinavian BDs without Russian dialogue subs, or cut UK and Oz BDs with the burned-in subs.

The cut versions are no way a winner, and made it a draw between the US, Scandinavia, and Germany. Updated.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Rambo III (1988) BDs FAO Brent

Postby Brent_Reid » 17 Aug 2018 07:55

Not confirmed by me but various forums discuss it. Like I say, the Oz Spec Ed footnotes apply:

"This version retains the original theatrical burnt-in English subtitles translating Russian dialogue in two scenes. All other non-English dialogue remains untranslated, as per the original theatrical release."
Brent_Reid

Re: Rambo III (1988) BDs FAO Brent

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Aug 2018 12:23

Updated the UK Grenade.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests