Cannonball Run 3 / Speed Zone TO BE MOVED

A place to request new comparisons. For more info, please read the announcement within the forum.

Moderator: Forum Team

Cannonball Run 3 / Speed Zone TO BE MOVED

Postby Jason_Hall » 12 Oct 2018 14:21

Does anyone have info on this one?

I know there's a German release and even a Swedish release. Recently I found out there's an Australian release (Front, Back) but the eBay listings say:

This transfer is manufactured to order and is on premium recordable media from the best available source.
Program may have some minor imperfections

or

Due to low sales volume of this title, this transfer is a manufactured to order title compiled from the best quality Video Master currently available and is on premium DVD-Recordable media Quality is Guaranteed

I know some studios do manufacture on demand where the quality of the cover isn't so great (Universal Vault Series) so I'm not sure about its legitimacy (much like my Sidekicks thread here), but I'm pretty sure they have a scannable barcode. The Australian release omits that.

Does anyone have any info on any of these releases? Are they studio commissioned releases or bootlegs? I'm most interested in the Australian release since that's easily found, but if it turns out that it's not legitimate, I'll try to track down a German/Swedish release, provided they're not bootlegs either.

Any help would be great! :)
Jason_Hall

Re: Cannonball Run 3 / Speed Zone

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 14 Oct 2018 15:10

Checked to find info on disc specs, but couldn't find anything concrete.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Jason_Hall » 16 Oct 2018 04:44

That's a shame! :(
Jason_Hall

Postby Brent_Reid » 31 Oct 2018 06:31

Looks like a bootleg. Region 0 and NTSC in a PAL country are two strikes, though not conclusive. But the absence of releasing company, copyright or studio credits is damning. Nor is it available from JB Hi-Fi or EZYDVD, two of Oz's biggest legit dealers. Why not write to an eBay seller and ask them what label it's on or if they have a disc image? If there are no credits on that either, definitely forget it.

There are plenty of kosher overseas DVDs, so why not buy one of those? Incidentally, if you haven't yet seen the film, don't bother. I love the first two, but this one's an absolute stinker!
Brent_Reid

Postby Samuel_Scott » 24 Apr 2019 14:33

Going to add this one to the long standing requests thread...
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Return to Comparison Requests