BELL OF HELL Dvd BOOTLEG

A selection of threads which are no longer active but which we feel are of significant value to keep.

Moderator: Forum Team

Re: BELL OF HELL Dvd BOOTLEG

Postby Ulrich_Christensen » 30 Jun 2020 17:22

Rick_Curzon wrote:How about listing in the edition line BOOTLEG?

No, bad idea, there are legitimate releases that uses that, such as Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous.
Ulrich_Christensen
Rewind Administrator
Rewind Administrator

Re: BELL OF HELL Dvd BOOTLEG

Postby Brent_Reid » 30 Jun 2020 21:13

Rick, have you read this? Any vote for platforming bootlegs, in any respect, is a vote against the continued existence of legitimate releases, not to mention film preservation and restoration in general.

I specifically promote and link to this site because it doesn't knowingly list bootlegs. Likewise, Home Theater Forum has a strict no-bootlegs policy. Any change to that and I'd stop patronising both, as I'm sure would many others. If advocating and linking to boots is your thing, there's no shortage of other film sites and forums that freely allow it. Thank God someone's taking a stand.

Like I said, the furthest this site could reasonably go, which would satisfy everyone, would be to footnote known bootlegs by country and label only. I already do this on my own site. That way, sensible buyers know to avoid them and foolhardy/unscrupulous ones can seek them out and gamble their money if they so wish.
Brent_Reid

Previous

Return to Reference