WOWHD (cd-wow) has been RESET!

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

WOWHD (cd-wow) has been RESET!

Postby NewDeep » 18 Aug 2015 10:54

I followed the online instructions to login to the new site of wowhd (migrated), but was shocked to find that my ORDER HISTORY and WISHLIST have disappeared!

Damn!!

( wowhd.co.uk , wowhd.us and many other country-specific portals ; previously known as CD-WOW )
Last edited by NewDeep on 21 Aug 2015 18:24, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator @ http://www.zulm.net
the one-stop-shop DVD & Movie F.O.R.U.M.S for everything Bollywood and Indian!
NewDeep

Re: WOWHD has been RESET!

Postby Samuel_Scott » 21 Aug 2015 06:51

Not used them in years. Used to use almost daily, but they went downhill fast when they changed hands.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby NewDeep » 21 Aug 2015 08:37

Samuel_Scott wrote:Not used them in years. Used to use almost daily, but they went downhill fast when they changed hands.
Their service was quite nice through 2013-2014 and till early 2015.
NewDeep

Postby Alister_Manson » 21 Aug 2015 09:09

I cancelled a couple of orders because they were literally taking months and nothing seemed to be happening, then the BD's I had on order went up by about $8 each. Plus they kept sending me shoddy Argentinian licensed versions of CDs instead of the proper European or US versions. Now they seem to have a lot more Region A BD's in stock and less Region B ones so it's pretty much useless to me now.
Alister_Manson

Re: WOWHD (cd-wow) has been RESET!

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 21 Aug 2015 22:26

The same happened with DVDPlanet and DeepDiscount when their servers migrated, and wishlists were not carried over, but a while later, they appeared. Maybe WowHD will be the same. Send an email and say your concern.

I rarely use WowHD these days as well. Some orders come quickly, most take forever to ship. Argentinian, Polish, Malay imports, they seem to be getting them from everywhere around the world, but I wish they would specify in the product descriptions...
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: WOWHD (cdwow) has been RESET!

Postby NewDeep » 23 Aug 2015 12:48

Got this reply:
"We are currently in the process up transitioning the website and fulfillment centers. There are many updates in process, including, wish list, order history and overall quality of service. We ask for your patience and continued patronage through this time. Your wish list and order history will be migrated to the new website shortly.
Again, thank you for writing WOW HD. We appreciate your business.
Regards,
WOW HD Sales Support
support@wowhd.com
NewDeep

Re: WOWHD (cd-wow) has been RESET!

Postby NewDeep » 11 Dec 2015 07:15

Here's the new message on all DVD/BD pages on the site:
Please be advised. Unless otherwise stated, all BLU-RAY are REGION A and all DVD are REGION 1 encoding. Before purchasing, please ensure that your equipment can playback these regions. For more information on region encoding, please click the link below:
Earlier, WOWHD was mostly about Region-2 DVDs.
NewDeep

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion