DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby James_Morton » 08 Oct 2018 11:50

Sorry about this but is the UK blu ray DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE - UNCUT?
I keep on reading different reviews and opinions
On AmazonUK someone said the blu ray was complete like the BBC1, BBC4 and Film4 screenings
Does anybody know?
James_Morton
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 09:09

Re: DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby Mark_Meakin » 08 Oct 2018 15:48

James_Morton wrote:Sorry about this but is the UK blu ray DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE - UNCUT?
I keep on reading different reviews and opinions
On AmazonUK someone said the blu ray was complete like the BBC1, BBC4 and Film4 screenings
Does anybody know?



I have the DIE HARD LEGACY boxed set with the slimline keep cases in a slipcover:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Die-Hard-Legac ... -ray&psc=1

I will check tonight or tomorrow
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 12 Nov 2011 16:52
Location: UK

Re: DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby Mark_Meakin » 09 Oct 2018 09:30

Yes the Blu-ray is uncut with additional guard throat slash, blood splattering the face of Willis in the lift gun battle, shooting of two henchmen in truck & all swearing present & correct. Still cut obviously during the fight between Mathias & McClane as it seems to be missing footage of McClane throttling Mathias with a chain which suddenly appears around his neck as he lies unconscious (US cut same MPAA likely).
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 12 Nov 2011 16:52
Location: UK

Re: DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby James_Morton » 09 Oct 2018 09:59

Mark_Meakin wrote:Yes the Blu-ray is uncut with additional guard throat slash, blood splattering the face of Willis in the lift gun battle, shooting of two henchmen in truck & all swearing present & correct. Still cut obviously during the fight between Mathias & McClane as it seems to be missing footage of McClane throttling Mathias with a chain which suddenly appears around his neck as he lies unconscious (US cut same MPAA likely).


You say its uncut but then you state there is footage missing - so in other words DHWAV is not completely uncut
I wish people on forums. other sites etc would be accurate....
James_Morton
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 09:09

Re: DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby Mark_Meakin » 09 Oct 2018 10:56

James_Morton wrote:
Mark_Meakin wrote:Yes the Blu-ray is uncut with additional guard throat slash, blood splattering the face of Willis in the lift gun battle, shooting of two henchmen in truck & all swearing present & correct. Still cut obviously during the fight between Mathias & McClane as it seems to be missing footage of McClane throttling Mathias with a chain which suddenly appears around his neck as he lies unconscious (US cut same MPAA likely).


You say its uncut but then you state there is footage missing - so in other words DHWAV is not completely uncut
I wish people on forums. other sites etc would be accurate....



As these were possible cuts made prior to the film's release it's the uncut 'R' rated theatrical version. I can't say for definite what was cut after the film was submitted to the MPAA for approval, but the aforementioned scene seems edited. All the BBFC cuts originally made for the UK theatrical release are restored to the UK Blu-ray & so
it's the best we're likely to get at this stage. Similar to the case of Cliffhanger which only exists FULLY uncut in poor quality workprint copies, though at least now the 'R' rated version is available uncut in the UK on DVD/Blu-ray. I was being as accurate as I could be under the circumstances & I suppose I should've said the UK release was identical to all existing worldwide Blu-ray versions.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 12 Nov 2011 16:52
Location: UK

Re: DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby James_Morton » 09 Oct 2018 11:38

Yeah I know what you mean its just that I don't buy cut films - although having said that there are some films that have minor cuts but are not released uncut anywhere and have never been
Shame about DHWAV - even the BBFC would of released this uncut like other MPAA approved films like SCREAM - I have the uncut German sp.ed dvd
Its funny cut films in this country can be shown uncut on tv - ANGEL HEART, EVIL DEAD, RACE WITH THE DEVIL etc - but got the uncut versions of those anyway
OK thanks
James_Morton
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 09:09

Re: DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby Mark_Meakin » 09 Oct 2018 13:46

This will be of interest if you've not come across it James. As you will see DHWAV was not the only film in the series to suffer precuts at the hands of the MPAA:


http://melonfarmers.co.uk/bbfc_cuts_die_hard.htm

DHWAV is technically uncut worldwide but the chain whipping/throttling if not trimmed at the request of the MPAA is very badly edited. Die Hard 2 on the other hand is sadly cut worldwide for an 'R'.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator
 
Posts: 308
Joined: 12 Nov 2011 16:52
Location: UK

Re: DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE UK blu ray uncut

Postby James_Morton » 12 Oct 2018 10:18

Mark_Meakin wrote:This will be of interest if you've not come across it James. As you will see DHWAV was not the only film in the series to suffer precuts at the hands of the MPAA:


http://melonfarmers.co.uk/bbfc_cuts_die_hard.htm

DHWAV is technically uncut worldwide but the chain whipping/throttling if not trimmed at the request of the MPAA is very badly edited. Die Hard 2 on the other hand is sadly cut worldwide for an 'R'.


yeah I read that sometime ago - pathetic
the MPAA are right wing jerks (have you seen the documentary THIS FILM IS NOT RATED) ? and its damn stupid that minor cuts like in films like these have to be made in order to make money - their system is dictatorial
then again we have the BBFC!
but what I find funny some films like The Convent and Beyond Re-Animator are cut in the US but uncut in the UK - why can't they do that a lot of the time?
but the studios won't bother
James_Morton
 
Posts: 29
Joined: 23 Sep 2012 09:09


Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests