US Proxy Shipping - Any Experiences?

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

US Proxy Shipping - Any Experiences?

Postby Christian_Bütikofer » 06 Jan 2019 20:27

Hi everyone,

since beginning of 2019 Amazon.com is no longer shipping to Switzerland. For obvious reasons for me as a movie fan this is f*** annoying. Has anyone made some experiences with proxy shipping? (ie. I thought about using a service in the US which collects purchases I made via amazon.com and sends the items as one package to Switzerland).

Background about the US "ban": Switzerlands online merchants once again did it: They lobbyied on the highest level on Swiss politics to protect their way overpriced business model by making a "Swiss Customs" regime into law. With this new law in effect, all non-european Amazon websites reacted with a ban (not only .com but also Japan and Canada)... Amazon.com was the only way I was able to get releases from Scream and a lot of other "little" US companies. Now the Swiss online dealers think, our (my) money is going to them (some releases are not even available to those dealers)... LOL. One of the - many - things that suck a lot if you are not part of the EU.
Last edited by Christian_Bütikofer on 07 Jan 2019 20:00, edited 4 times in total.
Christian_Bütikofer

Re: US Proxy Shipping – Any Experiences?

Postby Markus_Lang » 07 Jan 2019 16:14

I have a similar problem with Barnes & Noble. Experiences appreciated.
Markus_Lang

Re: US Proxy Shipping - Any Experiences?

Postby Christian_Bütikofer » 07 Jan 2019 19:17

Hi Markus,

Bn.com still sends movies to Switzerland. If you want, I could help you out here with my address. I would send the whole packages (in one shipment) to you to Finland for the shipping fee (Switzerland-Finland) only and - if - taxes - I had to pay in Switzerland. When I send the package to you I would declare the worth for what it is: a gift, so you wouldn't have to pay import taxes again in Finland. If you're interested and if it makes sense economically (I guess you are using the Criterion 50% bargains from time to time ;-)) let me know. This way would be legally sound also.

Best
chb
Christian_Bütikofer

Re: US Proxy Shipping – Any Experiences?

Postby Markus_Lang » 08 Jan 2019 10:26

That sounds great! And Amazon.com still delivers to Finland, so I can forward packages from here, if you don’t mind the double postage.
Markus_Lang

Re: US Proxy Shipping - Any Experiences?

Postby Christian_Bütikofer » 18 Jan 2019 17:58

Hi Markus,

ok, lets chat via pm about how we will proceed ;-).

Best
Christian
Christian_Bütikofer

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion