Women Behind Bars (1979) incorrect entry? DONE

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Women Behind Bars (1979) incorrect entry? DONE

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 29 Jun 2017 11:11

While I was looking through the Jess Franco entries, I noticed that there seemed to be two movies both called 'Women Behind Bars'. However, on further investigation, it seems that the 1979 movie:

Women Behind Bars AKA Les Gardiennes du penitencier AKA Un paradis pour des brutes un enfer pur des femmes (1979)

has several issues with it.

1. The director credit seems to be wrong. As far as I can tell, it is on IMDb as 'Jailhouse Wardress' and was directed by Alain Deruelle, including footage from another movie originally shot by Jess Franco (probably Barbed Wire Dolls). I can find no reference on IMDb to Julio Pérez Tabernero on this movie, although some other sites do mention him as a co-director, and he did work with Alain Deruelle on other projects, such as 'Cannibal Terror' (1980). Therefore, unless anyone has information to the contrary, I propose that the director credit should be changed to either:

Alain Deruelle, Julio Pérez Tabernero, Jess Franco

or

Alain Deruelle, Jess Franco

2. I am pretty sure that Blue Underground has never released this title. The one listed appears to be:

Women Behind Bars AKA Des diamants pour l'enfer (1975)

which already has its own entry in the database. I own a copy of this Blue Underground release. Therefore I propose that this release be removed from the 1979 movie (but it should remain as a release for the 1975 movie).

3. In the conclusion part of the entry for the 1975 movie, it mentions that the 1979 movie uses footage from the 1975 one. I have never watched the 1979 movie, but this appears to be incorrect - as far as I can tell (and also as mentioned in the conclusion part of the entry for the 1979 movie), the 1979 movie uses footage from 'Barbed Wire Dolls' and NOT 'Women Behind Bars AKA Des diamants pour l'enfer' . So I propose that this is also corrected in the entry for the 1975 movie.
Darrel_Griffin

Re: Women Behind Bars (1979) incorrect entry?

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 09 Jul 2017 07:53

Having looked into this a bit further, it seems that both pages are a mess, and both could do with a complete overhaul.

On the page for "Women Behind Bars" (1979), there is a link which CLAIMS to be to a page that compares the two releases. However, if you follow this link, which is to:

http://10kbullets.com/reviews/w/women-b ... derground/

then it seems to be a comparison between the two releases of "Women Behind Bars" (1975), i.e. the "Blue Underground" and "X-NK" releases. The page itself does CLAIM it is comparing "Blue Underground" and "X-Rated Kult DVD" releases, but this appears to be incorrect. The cover of the "X-Rated Kult DVD" release of the 1979 movie is different, as shown on this page:

https://www.filmundo.de/sonstige-filme- ... 65733.html

whereas the cover of the "X-NK" release of the 1975 movie is as on this page:

http://www.haikosfilmlexikon.de/index.php?nfm=film10031

which is the same cover as the one on the 10kbullets web page. Therefore I conclude that the 10kbullets web page is in fact comparing two releases of the 1975 movie, namely the "Blue Underground" and "X-NK" releases. It does state the year as 1975, and the image they use for the "Blue Underground" release is definitely the 1975 movie (I own a copy). Since it seems that 10kbullets have misidentified the "X-NK" release as an "X-Rated Kult DVD" release, perhaps the link should not be used at all, as it is misleading. But if the link is still to be used, it should ONLY be on the 1975 movie's page, and perhaps with the misidentification error noted in the sentence containing the link.

As I said in my previous post, I don't believe "Blue Underground" have ever issued a release of the 1979 movie, so the "Blue Underground" entry should be removed completely from the page for the 1979 movie. There are also other problems with both pages that need fixing, as mentioned in my previous post.
Darrel_Griffin

Postby Samuel_Scott » 13 Aug 2017 09:31

I'll try and look at this one tonight though I am hesitant as I know nothing about the film.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 13 Aug 2017 21:52

I thought I passed this onto Eric to take a look at but I guess he hasn't yet.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 05 Nov 2017 08:38

Eric, the thread got buried at the bottom so you may have not noticed. Have you taken a look at this?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Women Behind Bars (1979) incorrect entry? FAO Eric

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 06 Mar 2018 11:14

Done. BU is the earlier DIAMANTS. Switched the English title of the 1979 film to JAILHOUSE WARDRESS.
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests