Grizzly UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Grizzly UPDATED

Postby Doug_Stratton » 20 Nov 2017 23:57

Grizzly (1976)
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=6632

wanted to correct some wrong info listed for the release of the film from:
R2 Scandinavia - Another World Entertainment / Studio S

We have some wrong info listed. I had to get a UK friend of mine to order this Scandinavian dvd for me. In fact it was the wrongly listed info (here) that made me track down this disc to
begin with to verify if it truly was as listed and possibly the infamous (and lost) R rated print

The case list PAL and 97 mins uncut, however the entire disc though still region coded for region 2 is actually NTSC, not PAL. This was verified via the ifo files on the disc as well as ripping it to the hdd for further verification. So it has an NTSC run time of 91min 12 seconds (not PAL) which puts it roughly closer to the US media blasters/shriekshow dvd (on that entry the run time is not listed but I have the disc and the media blaster dvd runs 91mins 20 seconds)

I still have not done a true side by side, but some of the infamous alleged R scenes (like the alternate topless girl at the waterfall) are not in the R2 Scandinavian disc (instead like every other dvd it shows the girl with a bikini top on)

Its hinting more that the Scandinavian disc is possibly a port of one of the other releases (and the same PG print they all use) and only mentioned PAl on the package to shy away from the fact that it may have been "unofficially" ported
I really like this film so expect a side by side with that disc and one of the US versions to occur soon for full verification of its content status
Doug_Stratton

Re: Grizzly

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 22 Nov 2017 15:10

Updated Scandinavia as "PG"
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests