Profiler - Seizoen 1 (R2, Indies Entertainment) UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Profiler - Seizoen 1 (R2, Indies Entertainment) UPDATED

Postby Kieran_Seymour » 17 Feb 2018 18:03

http://dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=3960

I'll apologise in advance as I'm about to give someone nightmares. Let's just say that this is a messed up DVD release...

The comparison unfortunately doesn't mention that only the first seven episodes from "Insight" to "Night Dreams" have any end credits. Three of the others from "Shadow of Angels (1)" to "Film at Eleven" go straight in to the Executive in Charge credit before ending.

I probably should confirm that I have got the genuine article - pressed discs (all DVD9s), properly printed images on the disc surfaces, good quality packaging, the original Dutch subtitles etc. Its just a very sub-standard set.

Disc 1
Insight (47:34)
Ring of Fire (47:51)
Unholy Alliance (45:31)
I'll Be Watching You (45:25)
Unsoiled Sovereignty (47:25)

Disc 2
Modus Operandi (47:21)
Night Dreams (47:00)
Cruel and Unusual (47:02)
The Sorcerer's Apprentice (46:17)
Shattered Silence (47:01)

Disc 3
Doppelganger (47:03)
Learning from the Masters (46:40)
The House That Jack Built (46:32)
Shadow of Angels (1) (41:02)

Disc 4
Shadow of Angels (2) (48:02)
Film at Eleven (45:32)
Crisis (44:40)
Blue Highways (44:39)

Disc 5
FTX: Field Training Exercise (44:37)
Into the Abyss (44:39)
Venom (Part I) (43:34)
Venom (Part II) (42:45)

The comment regarding "grains and scratches" is also somewhat... dubious.

"Profiler" was one of those 1990s series that was unfortunate enough to have been edited on videotape, so the picture quality is on the poorer end of the spectrum to start with, but it's mainly down to softness. It's also exacerbated for the R2 DVD release due to the conversion to PAL for transmission/release in Europe. The original European broadcasts on NBC Superchannel a week after the original US airdate were very poor - I'm assuming the conversion was a rush job, and I suspect that the same masters may well have been used for the DVD.

As far as scratches are concerned, what few there are - and it's certainly no more than on any other series of a comparable age - if they're present on the R2 release they must be on the R1 release also, again due to being converted from the original NTSC masters.
Kieran_Seymour

Re: Profiler - Seizoen 1 (R2, Indies Entertainment)

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 18 Feb 2018 04:01

Updated. Thanks!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests