Buckaroo Banzai Region A Bluray Corrections UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Buckaroo Banzai Region A Bluray Corrections UPDATED

Postby Oliver_Wicks » 15 May 2018 14:09

Hello everyone :-D. I've just received my copy of Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (The) (Blu-ray) (1984) and have found some errors in the comparison for it, including some typos. All this info is written as it is in the menus (plus a few notes of my own):

Disc 1 (Bluray):

Audio Commentary with director W.D. Richter and Writer Earl Mac Rauch (this is done as a spoof, with W.D. Richter acting as interviewer/moderator for Earl Mac Rauch (who is in character as Reno))
Audio Commentary with Michael and Denise Okuda

Both commentaries are available via the Audio or Bonus menus

Bonus:

Into The 8th Dimension Documentary

Disc 2 (DVD):

Buckaroo Banzai Declassified Featurette (22:41)
Alternate Opening (7:12) (In Anamorphic 2:35:1 Widescreen)
Deleted Scenes (All are Sub-VHS quality (probably from an old Workprint) and in non-Anamorphic 2:35:1 Widescreen. Also, each scene has a brief text introduction that explains what it is about)

1. Backstage with the Cavaliers (0:53)
2. Penny's Troubles (1:20)
3. The Conference Room (1:15)
4. "Dr. Lizardo?" (0:43)
5. "Give me a fix!" (0:37)
6. A Little Down (0:33)
7. "Therma-what?" (0:23)
8. New Jersey Meets the Cavaliers (1:20)
9. John Emdall (1:02)
10. "Hanoi Xan?" (0:47)
11. Penny Confronts Dr. Lizardo (0:45)
12. "Solve these equations!" (2:45)
13. "A piece of cake" (0:42)
14. Illegal Aliens (1:06)

New Jet Car Trailer (2:25) (4:3 Pillar-Boxed)
Theatrical Trailer (1:17) (I'm not sure what the aspect ratio is for this but it's in excellent condition)

Note: Other than some copyright info, disclaimers and corporate logos, there are no trailers or other items on boot up for either disc.

All other info in the comparison is correct.

Source: I own it
Wise man once say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

American components, Russian components AND ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!!!! - Lev Andropov (Armageddon)
Oliver_Wicks

Re: Buckaroo Banzai Region A Bluray Corrections

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 15 May 2018 23:15

Oliver_Wicks wrote:and have found some errors in the comparison for it, including some typos.

I checked, but I don't see any typos. Everything you wrote is identical in spelling to what we have in the database, unless I am missing something. What is spelled wrong?
For aspect ratios for the extras, we do not need to list them so we will leave them off. For the commentary in character, I've updated how it is written for the Arrow Blu-ray.

So please let us know what exactly is a "typo".
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Buckaroo Banzai Region A Bluray Corrections FAO Oliver

Postby Oliver_Wicks » 16 May 2018 10:16

Maybe typo was too strong a word but I found some inconstancies in the comparison, when compared to how certain things are actually written on the disc i.e.

1: For the writer/director commentary, the comparison has a small "w" in the word "writer" but on the disc itself - that letter is capitalized.
2: The other minor error is that on the disc, only some of the deleted scenes have quotation marks around them but in the comparison, all of them have quotation marks.
3: The documentary on disc 1 is simply called "Into the 8th Dimension", not "Buckaroo Banzai: Into the 8th Dimension".
4: On disc 2 the New Jet Car trailer is just called "New Jet Car Trailer", not "Buckaroo Banzai: Ancient Secrets & New Mysteries".

I hope that clears things up but if these are to minor worry about, then that's cool :-D.

American components, Russian components AND ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!!!! - Lev Andropov (Armageddon)
Oliver_Wicks

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 16 May 2018 14:54

Updated the quotation marks and the numbers on the deleted scenes - as I assume they are numbered on the Shout! disc as you wrote and the names of the documentary and trailer.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Oliver_Wicks » 16 May 2018 15:18

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:Updated the quotation marks and the numbers on the deleted scenes - as I assume they are numbered on the Shout! disc as you wrote and the names of the documentary and trailer.

That is correct, the deleted scenes are numbered on the Shout Factory release :-D.

EDIT: You have missed off the following items from disc 2:

Buckaroo Banzai Declassified Featurette (22:41)
Alternate Opening (7:12)
Last edited by Oliver_Wicks on 16 May 2018 23:41, edited 1 time in total.

Oliver_Wicks

Re: Buckaroo Banzai Region A Bluray Corrections UPDATED

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 16 May 2018 23:13

Didn't realize they were missing. Thankfully the review had both extras covered.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests