A Knight's Tale - UK DVD MOVE TO DISCUSSION

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

A Knight's Tale - UK DVD MOVE TO DISCUSSION

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 05 Jul 2018 15:01

This is an uncertain comparison correction, as the data is based off IMDB - but I thought it wise to post and ask about it here if that's OK. IMDB says the following:

There is a slight difference between the UK cinema version and the UK DVD release. In the cinematic release, the queen/Robbie Williams version of We Are The Champions starts playing when William and Jocelyn kiss just before the credits, whereas the DVD release has a different song play. However, We Are The Champions still plays over the last half of the credits.

Assuming this is correct, just which version of this movie (the theatrical or the extended cut) UK DVD this might be referring to, I do not know + I regret I do not have (either UK copy) to check. Also no idea if the UK BluRay is at all affected either, or any other country release for that matter. Can anyone confirm this IMDB data?
Ewan_McMahon

Re: A Knight's Tale - UK DVD

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 10 Jul 2018 15:16

Not familiar with this movie. Anyone else?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 10 Jul 2018 18:47

Ewan_McMahon wrote:This is an uncertain comparison correction, as the data is based off IMDB - but I thought it wise to post and ask about it here if that's OK. IMDB says the following:

There is a slight difference between the UK cinema version and the UK DVD release. In the cinematic release, the queen/Robbie Williams version of We Are The Champions starts playing when William and Jocelyn kiss just before the credits, whereas the DVD release has a different song play. However, We Are The Champions still plays over the last half of the credits.

Assuming this is correct, just which version of this movie (the theatrical or the extended cut) UK DVD this might be referring to, I do not know + I regret I do not have (either UK copy) to check. Also no idea if the UK BluRay is at all affected either, or any other country release for that matter. Can anyone confirm this IMDB data?

That note can only be for theatrical cut as there's a huge difference between theatrical and extended version - https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2494

I only have extended version on UK DVD. And there plays AC/DC's "You Shook Me All Night Long" and after that is "We Are The Champions".
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 24 Apr 2019 13:52

Moving to discussion soon....
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: A Knight's Tale - UK DVD MOVE TO DISCUSSION

Postby NewDeep » 19 Sep 2019 13:44

I have the regular version on DVD. Will check.
NewDeep

Re: A Knight's Tale - UK DVD MOVE TO DISCUSSION

Postby NewDeep » 19 Sep 2019 14:52

I have the India Sony DADC DVD, theatrical edition, PAL runtime 2:06:46, also released earlier by Asia Vision in India with identical specs.

At 2:02:22, just before the kiss, "You shook me all night long" starts playing, making way for "We are the champions" at 2:03:25.

BTW, my personal observation is that India has seen a few extended editions being released theatrically too. The Patriot, for example, and even this one I think.
NewDeep

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion