Saw BluRay 2004 UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Saw BluRay 2004 UPDATED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 24 Sep 2018 16:50

On the Saw BluRay 2004 comparison page:
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=9640
First off at the top of the list is: "Blu-ray A America - Lions Gate Home Entertainment, Saw VI Bonus Disc". Is that meant to be listed in the saw(1 / first movie) page, since it's titled Saw VI(6) - or is this some sort of bonus disc that came with Saw-1 / Saw-movie set for the U.S release?

Secondly at the bottom in the notes section on the same page, I think there is at least one error with the UK notes listing either showing the wrong version of this movie, or it's showing the wrong runtime (I'm not sure which). If I understand it, the runtimes of these two versions should be APPROX 102:46 "Unrated Director's Cut" and 103:02 "R-Rated Theatrical". Here are all the current listings on the page (I re-ordered them slightly to show what I mean):

(103:02) America - "R-Rated Theatrical version"
(103:05) Brazil - R-Rated Theatrical Version
(103:02) Canada - R-Rated Theatrical Version
(103:09) Holland - R-Rated Theatrical Cut
(103:11) Japan – "R-Rated Theatrical version"

(103:22) United Kingdom - Unrated Director's Cut (something doesn't look right here)

(102:47) America - "Unrated Director' Cut"
(102:46) Australia - Unrated
(102:46) Canada - Unrated Director's Cut
(102:46) Germany - "Unrated Director's Cut"
(102:46) Austria - "Unrated Director's Cut"
(102:45) France - "Unrated Director's Cut"
(102:46) Scandinavia - "Unrated Director's Cut"

Also, I'm very confused in general about these releases. On Melonfarmers.co.uk
http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/hitss.htm#saw
There are x3 different versions:

(1) The cut "R Rated" Theatrical version - The R Rated Version suffered 14 cuts to tone down violence adding up to 24s.
(2) The Unrated Version - TOTALLY UNCUT (supposedly :roll: )
(3) The Director's Cut/"Uncut Edition"<<<(which is a lie!!!!)/Special Edition - This version is missing 2 dialogue scenes compared with the Unrated Version:
-Lawrence tells Adam that if he doesn't get help, he's going to bleed to death.
-Adam calls out to Lawrence twice. Lawrence turns. Adam asks Lawrence if he's going to be okay. Lawrence replies, "I . . . I wouldn't lie to you."

They mixed up the titles of them somewhat, and for the BluRay listings we've got:
"R-Rated Theatrical version"
"Unrated Director's Cut"
"Unrated + Director's-Cut" - does that mean the BluRay listings that are named this type include the above mentioned missing Lawrence/Adam end scene or not? Trying to figure out what version each one is and if and how they match to the above mentioned Melonfarmers information AND moviecensorship is all very confusing! :o
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Saw BluRay 2004

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 24 Sep 2018 22:34

Ewan_McMahon wrote:First off at the top of the list is: "Blu-ray A America - Lions Gate Home Entertainment, Saw VI Bonus Disc". Is that meant to be listed in the saw(1 / first movie) page, since it's titled Saw VI(6) - or is this some sort of bonus disc that came with Saw-1 / Saw-movie set for the U.S release?

It's only available as a bonus disc with "Saw VI" as it says in the notes.

Ewan_McMahon wrote:Secondly at the bottom in the notes section on the same page, I think there is at least one error with the UK notes listing either showing the wrong version of this movie, or it's showing the wrong runtime (I'm not sure which).

The UK packaging states "Unrated" which was what played in the UK theatrically, and the runtime was what was submitted. Unless someone can confirm otherwise, we will leave it as is.

Ewan_McMahon wrote:They mixed up the titles of them somewhat, and for the BluRay listings we've got:
"R-Rated Theatrical version"
"Unrated Director's Cut"
"Unrated + Director's-Cut" - does that mean the BluRay listings that are named this type include the above mentioned missing Lawrence/Adam end scene or not? Trying to figure out what version each one is and if and how they match to the above mentioned Melonfarmers information AND moviecensorship is all very confusing! :o

There is the R-Rated version, the Unrated director's cut, and the ironically titled "Uncut" version which is missing the two lines. So far we haven't had any info of the Blu-rays having this supposed "Uncut" version. Again, unless someone out there can confirm, we will be glad to update.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 25 Sep 2018 10:09

The UK packaging states "Unrated" which was what played in the UK theatrically, and the runtime was what was submitted. Unless someone can confirm otherwise, we will leave it as is.

Well if it helps, on Amazon.co.uk for the UK BluRay of this title, the image of the back of the box says (approx) 102minutes, rather than 103minutes. Of course though I know this is not 100% proof - the time printed on the box could be wrong (plenty of times companies have printed wrong data on box covers) / or the image shown on Amazon could be of another copy or something (plenty times Amazon show wrong data/images too) *I know you guys need more accurate data*.

Mind you given how close the times are between the two versions (102minutes + 103minutes), it's not surprising how easy it is to mix up the times (if they are mixed up) - I hope someone out there has a UK copy and confirm the current data or not...

Anyway, thought I'd point it out on that page. :-D
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 26 Sep 2018 08:19

User Jim McDonaugh submitted those specs, and he's been off of these forums for a long time now, so we can't ask him again to double check. Again, if anyone could, we'll fix if it's a mistake.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Alister_Manson » 05 Oct 2018 22:13

The UK disc that I have is the unrated cut, runtime 103:22. It includes the lines at the end such as "I wouldn't lie to you".

However it has a completely different set of studio logos at the start, and some differences in the opening credits ie "Evolution Management presents" instead of "Twisted Pictures presents" on the Australian disc (which is a clone of the US "Saw VI bonus disc"). So that probably explains the time differences.
Alister_Manson

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 06 Oct 2018 00:43

That explains things. Updated the listing with the info.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests