Mr. Bean: The Complete Series (TV) (1990-1995)

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Mr. Bean: The Complete Series (TV) (1990-1995)

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 25 Oct 2018 15:55

On the "Mr. Bean: The Complete Series (TV) (1990-1995)" listing page

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=3638

Under the R2 United Kingdom - Universal Pictures - Digitally Remastered / 20th Anniversary Edition listing, the Amazon advert link on the right of this listing links to a German/European Amazon version of this title - it should be an English Amazon link.

EDIT:

Oops, sorry, I originally posted this with the wrong link - I've updated it with the correct link now - but looks like the Amazon link has been updated already anyway, so never mind.
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Mr. Bean: The Complete Series (TV) (1990-1995)

Postby Ulrich_Christensen » 29 Oct 2018 16:26

Now, I don't know if that was the case with this one, but I've experienced an intermittent issue, where the wrong country's Amazon advert is being displayed next to a release on comparison pages for some subsequent adverts on the same page, when we pull adverts for multiple different Amazon stores.
I suspect it may be a caching issue on Amazon's side, since the "code" for generating an Amazon advert pulls from the same server domain for different countries, and since showing multiple adverts on the same page is generating a number of requests to Amazon's servers within a short amount of time.
Sadly, I can't really solve the issue from our end if that is the case.

Hopefully soon I will get around to changing the text link under each release entry to point to the right direct store link instead of a generic Amazon page for that country's store. That way you can conveniently get to the exact release (as known by Amazon; YMMV).
When I do that, then it should be more clear when the error is in our database and when it is an intermittent error generated by Amazon's server.
That is, if the text link points to the right location and the graphical advert points at the wrong, then the fault is with Amazon.
If both point to the wrong one, the error should be ours.

Thanks for reporting.
Ulrich_Christensen
Rewind Administrator
Rewind Administrator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests