Violence in a Women's Prison & Women's Prison Massacre UPDAT

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Violence in a Women's Prison & Women's Prison Massacre UPDAT

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 12 Feb 2019 11:59

This includes corrections for the DVD pages of both

"Violence in a Women's Prison" (1982)
and
"Women's Prison Massacre" (1983)

-------
I own the following:

Shock-O-Rama 2 disc Unrated DVD set with both movies
Njuta Films Nordic DVD of "Violence in a Women's Prison" (presumably similar to the AWE release)
Severin Films Blu-ray of "Violence in a Women's Prison"

-------
Shock-O-Rama release (included (with slight alterations) on the pages for both movies):

1. On disc 2, the 4:3 version of "Caged Women" (aka "Violence in a Women's Prison") runtime of 98:25 is correct. However, it has the same ending as the Njuta Films DVD and the Severin Blu-ray. If there is a missing scene (which is currently stated in the CUTS section), then it must be missing from all 3 releases. Also it does NOT "have an ending montage of all the violent scenes in the movie", which is currently stated in the CUTS section.

2. On disc 2, the 4:3 version of "Women's Prison Massacre" has a shorter runtime of 88:40 (widescreen version is 89:05). However, apart from the AR, it seems to be the same version of the movie as the widescreen one. The difference in runtime is (mostly) explained by the fact that the widescreen version has some logos etc. at the start, and the movie proper doesn't start until 0:29.

3. "Women's Prison Massacre" widescreen version AR is 1.78:1

4. disc 1 includes the following trailers (not all trailers are currently listed, and some have the wrong runtime):

Bonus Trailers (with play all option):
- "Women's Prison Massacre" (1:22)
- "Slime City" (1:42)
- "Satan's Black Wedding" (1:15)
- "Criminally Insane" (1:00)

(Alternatively you could enter the "Women's Prison Massacre" trailer as "Theatrical Trailer (1:22)", but this might get confusing since this entire 2 disc release appears (with slight alterations) on the pages for both movies. Or you could perhaps enter it as "Theatrical Trailer (1:22)" on the "Women's Prison Massacre" page, and enter it as a bonus trailer on the "Violence in a Women's Prison" page.)

5. disc 2 includes the following trailers (not all trailers are currently listed, and some have the wrong runtime):

Bonus Trailers (with play all option):
- "Shock-O-Rama" (1:21)
- "Chainsaw Sally" (1:13)
- "Skin Crawl" (1:12)
- "Sinful" (1:29)
- "Bacterium" (1:15)
- "Creature from the Hillbilly Lagoon" (1:11)
- "Millennium Crisis" (1:24)
- "Dark Chamber" (1:20)
- "Prison-A-GOGO" (1:14)

6. "Caged Women" (aka "Violence in a Women's Prison") "4:3 version" is within the 4:3 frame, but also has slight black bars top and bottom some of the time. For these shots the AR is about 1.41:1 as already stated. However there are also some shots with a black bar at the top only, or at the bottom only, and some shots that are full 4:3. Basically it's pretty messy!

7. "Women's Prison Massacre" "4:3 version" seems to be 1.33:1 all the way through.

8. All 3 movies are 30fps only (24p not available).

-------
Njuta Films release of "Violence in a Women's Prison":

Firstly, note that most of these details will apply to the AWE release as well, but the Njuta Films release may differ slightly.

1. movie runtime is 98:37

2. subtitles are optional (can select 'off').

3. AR is more like 1.78:1, but has small black borders on all 4 sides.

4. TV system is NTSC not PAL (hence the runtime is almost the same as the US release). This needs to be changed in both the entry and the CUTS section.

5. playback is 30fps only (24p not available).

6. correct typo (remove quote symbol: " )

- Bruno Mattei filmography (6 pages)

7. Laura Gemser filmography is 15 pages, not 14.

8. Also includes:

Laura Gemser photo gallery (37 images, 3:00)

9. includes the following trailers (not all trailers are currently listed):

Bonus Trailers (with play all option)
- "SS Camp 5 Women's Hell" (2:51)
- "SS Experiment Love Camp" (3:00)
- "Sister Emanuelle" (3:45)
- "The Last Hunter" (3:42)
- "Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals" 2:32)
- "House on the Edge of the Park" (2:34)
- "Cannibal Holocaust" (2:56)

10. Njuta Films release does NOT include a booklet in the case (however the AWE release may well do).

11. Confirmed as region 2 only.
Darrel_Griffin

Re: Violence in a Women's Prison & Women's Prison Massacre D

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 26 Feb 2019 13:58

Updated
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Violence in a Women's Prison & Women's Prison Massacre U

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 27 Feb 2019 08:49

Thanks James.

A few minor things:

1. 'Violence in a Women's Prison' Njutafilms AR is more accurately 1.80:1 (apologies - I said it was about 1.78:1 but didn't actually measure it. I meant to check this again but forgot)

2. The pages for both movies currently have: "Satan`s Black Wedding", but should be "Satan's Black Wedding" (different quote symbol)

3. You don't seem to have mentioned the updates in either of the Update Logs on the two pages. I don't know what the rules are regarding this, but I thought I'd mention it in case you forgot.
Darrel_Griffin

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 27 Feb 2019 12:50

Darrel_Griffin wrote:1. 'Violence in a Women's Prison' Njutafilms AR is more accurately 1.80:1 (apologies - I said it was about 1.78:1 but didn't actually measure it. I meant to check this again but forgot)

Fixed

Darrel_Griffin wrote:2. The pages for both movies currently have: "Satan`s Black Wedding", but should be "Satan's Black Wedding" (different quote symbol)

Not an issue. Not updating.

Darrel_Griffin wrote:3. You don't seem to have mentioned the updates in either of the Update Logs on the two pages. I don't know what the rules are regarding this, but I thought I'd mention it in case you forgot.

If it's not a completely new entry, no need to update in the "log".
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 27 Feb 2019 14:23

Ok. Those quote symbols are one of my pet hates, but it's not that important in the scheme of things.

I've just noticed one other mistake - you misspelt my name under the 'Violence in a Women's Prison' Njutafilms entry (Darrel, not Darrell).
Darrel_Griffin

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 28 Feb 2019 15:36

It's just with the time allotted to change minor things such as that means other entries will get pushed back and reviews get backed up and I cannot be bothered myself. If someone else wants to change it they are free to do so.

But with a name misspelling, I will gladly change it. Fixed.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 01 Mar 2019 09:42

Understood.

As for my name, I don't make submissions/corrections for the fame! I have found the database very helpful myself, and if I can help to make improvements for the benefit of others, then I am glad to do so. I don't mind if my name isn't added at all, but if it is added then I prefer it if it's spelt correctly, so thanks for doing that :)
Darrel_Griffin

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests