Four Lions (2010) Blu-Ray UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Four Lions (2010) Blu-Ray UPDATED

Postby Vincent_Prendergast » 17 Feb 2019 10:35

Blu-ray A America - Magnolia Pictures
Extras:
5 behind-the-scenes vignettes (Smooth Running Rehearsal, Ostrich, Barry In The Woods, Fight On Bridge, Fessal Sheep Demise) (12:36) (480i)
7 deleted scenes (19:16) (1080p)
– Bomb Factory - Unused Version
– The Martyr Feels No Pain
– Palestinian Dad
– Costumes Are Statues
– Chase
– Barry's Training Camp
– Fessal's Video - Unused Version
Background Material (21:28) (480i)
– "Lost Boys" documentary (8:27) (480i)
– Interview with Mohammad Ali Ahmad (13:00) (480i)
"Bradford Interview" featurette (3:59) (1080p)
Storyboards (0:49) (1080p)

Subtitles: English HoH, Spanish
(Burnt-in English subtitles for Urdu dialogue)
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Picture Format:1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4
Soundtrack(s): English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Case type: Keep Case
Notes: The disc is a single layer BD-25.

Blu-ray ALL Germany - Capelight (this release is actually ALL region, not Region B)
Extras:
6 behind-the-scenes vignettes (Sheep Shoot, Ostrich Shoot, Smooth Running Rehearsal, Wood Shoot, Tuk Tuk, Wrong Right) (14:03) (1080i25, 1.78:1) (English, optional German subtitles)
7 deleted scenes (1080i25, 1.78:1) (English, optional German subtitles)
– Bomb Factory - Unused Version (2:48)
– The Martyr Feels No Pain (3:07)
– Palestinian Dad (4:01)
– Costumes Are Statues (2:23)
– Chase (1:57)
– Barry's Training Camp (2:13)
– Fessal's Video - Unused Version (2:05)
"Lost Boys" documentary (8:26) (1080i25, 1.78:1) (English, optional German subtitles)
Interview with Mohammad Ali Ahmad (13:08) (1080i25, 1.78:1) (English, optional German subtitles)
"Premiere" ("Bradford Interview") featurette (4:00) (1080i25, 1.78:1) (English, optional German subtitles)
"Filmstarts" interview with Chris Morris & Kayvan Novak (6:30) (576i, 1.78:1) (Questions & Film Clips in German, Answers in English with optional German subtitles)
"My Wrongs 8245 – 8249 and 117": 2002 BAFTA-winning short film by Chris Morris (12:12) (576i, 1.78:1) (English, optional German subtitles)
UK theatrical trailer (2:07) (1080p24, 1.85:1) (English DTS-HDMA, no subtitles)
German theatrical trailer (2:07) (1080p24, 1.85:1) (German DTS-HDMA, no subtitles)

(Note: Selecting Trailer from Extras menu plays UK trailer or German trailer based on language track selected for the main film)
Bonus trailers (all 1080p24, German DTS-HDMA, no subtitles)
– Attack the Block (2:32)
– Outrage (2:09)
– Rubber (1:11)
– Monsters (1:29)

Subtitles: English, German
(Player-generated English or German subtitles for Urdu dialogue)
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Picture Format: 1080p 24fps AVC MPEG-4
Soundtrack(s):
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
German DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Notes: The disc is a dual layer BD-50. Main menu features additional deleted footage from the film

Blu-ray B United Kingdom - Optimum Releasing
Extras:
7 deleted and alternate scenes
– Bomb Factory - Unused Version (2:47)
– The Martyr Feels No Pain (3:07)
– Palestinian Dad (4:00)
– Costumes Are Statues (2:23)
– Chase (1:57)
– Barry's Training Camp (2:13)
– Fessal's Video - Unused Version (2:04)
"Lost Boys" documentary (8:24)
Interview with Mohammad Ali Ahmad (13:00)

Bonus trailers
Subtitles: English HoH
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Picture Format: 1080i 50Hz AVC MPEG-4
Soundtrack(s):
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English PCM 2.0 stereo
Note: Menus feature additional deleted footage from the film
Easter eggs: Go to Extras, then Background. Highlight Interview and press Down to uncover a hidden "Press Area" which includes:
- 5 behind-the-scenes vignettes (Smooth Running Rehearsal, Ostrich, Barry In The Woods, Fight On Bridge, Fessal Sheep Demise) (12.42)
- "Bradford Interview" featurette (4.00)

(Thanks to Rob Cox)
Vincent_Prendergast
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Four Lions (2010) Blu-Ray

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Feb 2019 13:39

On the German release - are all the subtitles optional?

For the UK release, are there burned in or optional English subtitles for the Urdu portions? Also for the UK disc what are the bonus trailers and their runtimes?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Four Lions (2010) Blu-Ray

Postby Vincent_Prendergast » 17 Feb 2019 14:37

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:On the German release - are all the subtitles optional?

Yes, subtitles can be turned completely off via the remote, so it is possible to watch the film with absolutely no subtitles.

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:For the UK release, are there burned in or optional English subtitles for the Urdu portions? Also for the UK disc what are the bonus trailers and their runtimes?

This I don't know, I don't have the UK disc. The information I was able to update about that disc is culled from various online reviews, and none of them contained that information.

Also for the German disc, it can be added that 2 of the "bonus trailers" also play at startup, in addition to being part of the "bonus trailers" section of the main menu:

Startup trailers (all 1080p24, German DTS-HDMA, no subtitles)
– Attack the Block (2:32)
– Outrage (2:09)
Vincent_Prendergast
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Four Lions (2010) Blu-Ray FAO Vincent

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Feb 2019 14:42

Fixed. Thank you.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Four Lions (2010) Blu-Ray UPDATED

Postby Vincent_Prendergast » 17 Feb 2019 19:48

Thanks! A couple more tweaks:

-The "Overall" ranking conclusion should be changed to "Blu-Ray ALL" since I've confirmed the superior German release is actually Region ALL, not Region B.

-I made a mistake about the US Blu-Ray; the deleted scenes & Bradford Interview are 480i, not 1080p. Only the storyboards are 1080p.

-The German Theatrical Trailer on the German Blu-Ray should be noted as "in German" for consistency with the way other entries are noted on that release. The audio is in German with no subtitles at all, like the Startup & Bonus Trailers.

-On the German Blu-ray, I think it might be helpful to include the note "Selecting Trailer from Extras menu plays UK trailer or German trailer based on language track selected for the main film." The menu just has one entry that says "Kinotrailer." If you have selected the German audio for the film (the disc's default) then choosing "Kinotrailer" plays the German trailer; in order to get to the UK trailer, you have to first change the film's audio selection to English, once you've done that then choosing "Kinotrailer" will play the UK trailer. It took me a little bit to understand how this works and might be helpful information for other readers.

-On the UK release, in the Easter Eggs section, "5 x Behind the Scenes Featurettes" should be changed to "5 behind-the-scenes vignettes (Smooth Running Rehearsal, Ostrich, Barry in the Woods, Fight on Bridge, Fessal Sheep Demise)" for consistency with the US release notation; I've confirmed through reviews of the UK disc that these vignettes are the exact same as the US release.

-Is it relevant to include that the US Blu-ray is a BD-25 disc and the German Blu-Ray is a BD-50 disc? I've seen this information included in other comparisons, but it wasn't carried over from my "Notes" sections in the correction above. I'm not sure if this was just an oversight or whether this information is no longer considered relevant and I shouldn't bother to include it in future comparisons/corrections.
Vincent_Prendergast
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Four Lions (2010) Blu-Ray UPDATED

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Feb 2019 22:43

Vincent_Prendergast wrote:-On the German Blu-ray, I think it might be helpful to include the note "Selecting Trailer from Extras menu plays UK trailer or German trailer based on language track selected for the main film."

That's a fairly normal thing for Capelight discs so it's not necessary to list.

Vincent_Prendergast wrote:-Is it relevant to include that the US Blu-ray is a BD-25 disc and the German Blu-Ray is a BD-50 disc?

No, not necessary.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests