CZ12 AKA Chinese Zodiac - HK 3D + 2D Blu Ray ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

CZ12 AKA Chinese Zodiac - HK 3D + 2D Blu Ray ADDED

Postby Ian_Gorski » 17 Apr 2015 16:19

Title: CZ12
Region: Case states Region A but it plays fine on my Region B equipment so may it well be region free. It's definitely coded for A and B anyway, as I can't play Region A locked discs
Releasing Studio: CN Entertainment / Emperor Motion Pictures (distributor/packaging)
Case Type: Slimline keep case with card slipcase
Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
Anamorphic?: yes
PAL or NTSC?: 1080p 24fps (3D version is MVC, 2D version is AVC - both are on the same disc)
Soundtracks: Cantonese DTS-HD MA 7.1, Mandarin Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 (though both tracks also contain English/French/Russian/Spanish dialogue - see notes)
Subtitles (optional): There are Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and English subtitles available for both soundtracks (i.e. six sets of subtitles in total)
Cuts: 2h02m59s original HK version, presumably no cuts
Commentaries: none
Extras: Let The Dragon Fly 32-page storyboard booklet (in the case)
2 Trailers (2m03 and 2m01, optional Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and English subs)
Production notes (3m13) - these are presented as a slideshow set to music with facts/info coming up on the (Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and English) subtitle track(s)
Previs - Let The Dragon Fly (11m11) and Sets (1m26)
Deleted Scenes (6m15, optional Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese and English subs)
Behind the Scenes (35m06, no subtitles, so this is the only non English friendly thing on the disc)
Notes:
The film globe-trots a lot so features a mix of languages used. Most of the Chinese dialogue in the original version was overdubbed into English for the International cut BUT the version of that that I saw still contained several languages other than English. The German releases don't have English subs for this dialogue, so it's worth noting that those are not actually fully English-friendly.
Easter Eggs: none as far as I could see
Amazon ASIN (UK, French, German, USA releases only): B00BLDJ42A
Source: I own it and am damn glad that I do, it's the only English-friendly 3D release of this film and is pretty hard to get hold of now.
Ian_Gorski

Re: CZ12 AKA Chinese Zodiac - HK 3D + 2D Blu Ray (Region A &

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 21 Apr 2015 03:39

Thank you, added!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests