Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em: Series 3 - missing info

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em: Series 3 - missing info

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 06 Aug 2017 08:50

I noticed there is a typing error / possibly missing info on the page:

"Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em: Series 3 (1978)" - http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=7912

For the UK comparison details the notes say the following:
Also available in the "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em: The Complete Collection" 4-disc box set, which contains Series 1 - 3 plus the three Christmas Specials. It appear

It appear.... what?

Also at the bottom of this page for the UK (individual series) release it has the following information (censor)cut:
R2 United Kingdom- Second Sight - Yes - A few seconds of footage have been removed from "Moving House". This is when Frank emerges from a barrel of tar 'blackfaced' & talks to a Pakistani family.

I wonder if maybe the "complete boxset" has this scene intact - and perhaps that is what the missing information is meant to say after "It appear"?
It's just I noticed on SERIES-1 "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em" http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=7910 there are similar notes that say (for the individual series release) three clips from 'Horror Of Dracula' missing from the episode "Love Thy Neighbour", but the complete boxset has them intact. This kind of reinforces my theory.

Can anyone find out if the complete boxset of all these series+specials is uncut/uncensored intact (and update the above page(s) as necessary)?
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em: Series 3 - missing info

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 07 Aug 2017 22:51

Sent a message to Mark who last edited the page.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 08 Aug 2017 16:01

Just a typo.The 'tar' scene in Series 3 is also missing from the complete series boxset & the re-issue of the complete series from 2 Entertain. Thanks for pointing it out. :).
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 08 Aug 2017 16:13

I have the 2 Entertain re-issue of the 'complete' series with the only edit being to the 'Tar barrel' scene, but I'm having dificulty finding it !.I will add it in future when I come across it.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 08 Aug 2017 18:23

Mark_Meakin wrote:The 'tar' scene in Series 3 is also missing from the complete series boxset & the re-issue of the complete series from 2 Entertain. Thanks for pointing it out. :).

Sigh, I'm getting really fed up with this political-correctness censorship nonsense. :evil: I mean I can understand if there was some copyright infringment (like i mentioned in SERIES-1 the scenes of 'Horror Of Dracula') - but this "tar" censoring just seems ridiculous.

It's not like that scene is in any way offensive or anything - all it is is Frank acting like a bit of idiot, falling into a barrel and getting covered in black tar, then him apologising or something for making a fool of himself - with the Pakistani family looking somewhat bewildered at his bizarre foolish actions. It's not like the dialogue or anything is directly insulting the Pakistani family or where they are from - so why censor it? Gaaa! That really annoys me when the owners of these programs (almost always the BBC) do pointless things like that. There are far worse instances in other BBC programs that have far more insulting things to people / countries / religions / whatever but are never censored.

Oh well, anyway thanks for double checking - this is yet another one I'll add to my "hope to actually get a copy of in the distance future one day intact, but probably unlikly" list. :cry:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Mark_Meakin » 09 Aug 2017 06:52

I've found my box set of the 2 Entertain release which I will add today.It is amazing that Love Thy Neighbour, In Sickness And In Health & Curry & Chips have passed unscathed,but Are You Being Served,Only Fools & Horses & Some Mothers Do Ave Em have been edited for various reasons.Sometimes as in the case of Bergerac (Up until the uncut complete series box set release),versions edited for daytime transmission have been used on the dvd releases in error.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 09 Aug 2017 12:00

Incidentally I've taken a closer look at the clips from the Hammer film in series 1 & they are from "Dracula: Prince Of Darkness". I paused the clip & saw Susan Farmer briefly in the background & it's more apparent Francis Matthews is the man being throttled.I've now corrected this and I'm currently adding the 2 Entertain boxset specs.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests