King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (2005)

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (2005)

Postby Brent_Reid » 24 Dec 2017 17:47

I've noticed that, assuming the listings are accurate, all PAL and NTSC DVDs have the same runtimes. The same applies to the extras on the Kong feature DVDs and the extras on the Lord of the Rings trilogy too, as well as other Peter Jackson films. Clearly there are some PAL-NTSC or NTSC-PAL transfers going on, but which is it? As these were international co-productions, the SD material could have been natively shot in either format. Does anyone have any further info?
Brent_Reid

Re: King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (2005)

Postby Samuel_Scott » 08 Jan 2018 23:19

This is pretty normal practice when it comes to extra features unfortunately. They'll more than likely be NTSC->PAL.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries (2005)

Postby Brent_Reid » 09 Jan 2018 05:50

Yeah Sam, I know it's frequently done; I just wondered if anyone had any particular insight into how PJ's extras were shot and edited. Most of his 'big' films and their extras are billed as US/NZ or NZ/US co-productions, obviously with most of their footage shot in NZ, a PAL country. Have you any particular reason for thinking the extras would be natively NTSC, as opposed to PAL?
Brent_Reid

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests