Torso (1973) Blu-ray UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Torso (1973) Blu-ray UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 10 Jan 2024 16:35

Title: Torso AKA I corpi presentano tracce di violenza carnale AKA Carnal Violence (Blu-ray) (1973)
Region: ALL
Releasing Studio: Blue Underground [2011 Release]
Case Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 1.66:1
Codec: AVC MPEG-4
Picture: 1080p24
Soundtracks:

export version "Carnal Violence":
English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono (48kHz/24-bit)

Italian version:
English/Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono (48kHz/24-bit)
Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Mono (48kHz/24-bit)

Subtitles:

export version "Carnal Violence":
English HoH (optional)

Italian version:
English (full), English (partial for Italian-only scenes) (optional)

Cuts:
export version "Carnal Violence" (90:06) - slightly cut (compared with the same version on the Arrow Blu-ray) e.g. after the opening credits, the close-up of the lecturer announcing the end of the lecture is missing (0:02)
Italian version (92:59) - no cuts to the picture, but does not include the exit music over black (0:38) that is included on the Arrow Blu-ray

Commentaries:
Extras:

"Murders in Perugia" 2011 interview with co-writer/director Sergio Martino (10:43) (in English with optional English subtitles)
2011 Eli Roth Introduction (1:55)
U.S. Opening Credits (1:17)
US Theatrical Trailer (3:30, 480p)
International Trailer (3:07)
Italian Trailer (3:09)
TV Spot #1 (0:32)
TV Spot #2 (0:32)
Radio Spot (2:22)
Poster & Still Gallery (44 images)

Notes: Unless noted, extras are in 1080p.
Easter Eggs: none known
Amazon ASIN: B004WMOSLO
Source: I own the Blue Underground and Arrow Blu-rays
Darrel_Griffin

Re: Torso (1973) Blu-ray

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 15 Jan 2024 13:27

Updated
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Torso (1973) Blu-ray UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 16 Jan 2024 10:51

A few things:

1. You have not included the optional English subtitles for:

"Murders in Perugia" 2011 interview with co-writer/director Sergio Martino (10:43)

2. You have written "Radio Spots" (i.e. plural) but it seems to be just a single long radio spot. Admittedly it is unusually long for a radio spot, but nevertheless it seems to be the case.

3. I think the Italian version just has full English and partial English subtitles, but not English HoH (it is just the English version that has English HoH). Also, you have listed French and Spanish subtitles for both versions, but I don't think either of these subtitle languages are available for either version, unless you can confirm otherwise (I am not at home right now, but can check later if required).
Darrel_Griffin

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 16 Jan 2024 11:57

The packaging lists French and Spanish, and they were there from before.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 17 Jan 2024 11:05

Ok, apologies, I've checked the subtitles again, and in fact we're both wrong! Not sure how I managed to miss the other subtitle options, as they are clearly listed in the menu!

---
For the Italian version:

I erroneously did not include French and Spanish subtitles.

However, I was right that the Italian version does NOT have English HoH subtitles.
e.g. a few minutes in, there is a shot of a major road (motorway / freeway / autostrada) with traffic going past, and one vehicle sounds its horn. This sound is subtitled on the English HoH subtitles on the English version, but not on the English subtitles on the Italian version.

---
For the English version:

This DOES have English HoH subtitles, but no other choices.

---
Note that all subtitles are optional.

---
So, the complete correct list of subtitles is:

Italian Version: English (for Italian portions), English (full), French, Spanish (optional)
English Version: English HoH (optional)
Darrel_Griffin

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 18 Jan 2024 00:12

No French and Spanish subtitles for the English version?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Torso (1973) Blu-ray FAO Darrel

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 20 Jan 2024 12:10

No, I'm pretty sure not. But I will triple check and get back to you in a few days.
Darrel_Griffin

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 22 Jan 2024 10:52

Apologies, I got it wrong AGAIN!!! I think perhaps I was thrown by the fact that on the set-up page for the Italian version there is a link, something like "go to English version", and vice versa, and maybe I misread these and mixed up the versions. Anyway, I got the subtitle options partly the wrong way round.

Also, I have since realised that there are subtitles for some onscreen Italian text (e.g. a newspaper headline, a handwritten letter).

There are further complications. For example on the Italian version, there are 3 subtitle options: Off, 1: English (full), 2: English (partial). If I had subtitle track 2 on, and then switched to "off" using my Panasonic player's onscreen menu, the subtitles did switch to the "off" setting, yet the partial subtitles remained on! Bizarre! However, if I switched to "None" (off) using the disc's pop-up menu, or if I went back to the main menu and switched to "None" (off) from there, then it switched to the "off" setting and the subtitles went off completely.

The initial subtitle track selected by the disc seems to depend on which language is chosen. So for the Italian version, if you select soundtrack: Italian, and subtitles: None, then if sets subtitles to "off". However, if you select soundtrack: English, and subtitles: None, then it sets subtitles to 2: English (partial). These selections can then be overridden once the movie starts, but with the caveat that I pointed out above i.e. this doesn't seem to work properly on my player if I use the player menu, only if I use the disc menus.

Anyway, I think I've finally got it right. The correct subtitle options should be:

Italian version: English (partial: for Italian portions and onscreen Italian text only), English (full) (optional)
English Version: English (partial: for onscreen Italian text only), English HoH, French, Spanish (optional)

Note that the French and Spanish subtitles are NOT available on the Italian version, and that the HoH subtitles are ONLY available on the English version.
Darrel_Griffin

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 22 Jan 2024 12:02

Updated again. Thank you.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests