Blu-Ray + UHD Dawn of the Dead 1978 Italy ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Blu-Ray + UHD Dawn of the Dead 1978 Italy ADDED

Postby Oliver_Asmussen » 13 Aug 2017 00:49

Title: Dawn of the Dead (1978) (Italian Title: Zombi - Dawn of the Dead)
Director: George A. Romero
Region: B
Releasing Studio: Midnight Factory
Case Type: Keep case with slipcover
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 (except for Disc 3, which has the full aperture of the camera negative in 1.33 aspect ratio)
Codec: AVC MPEG-4
Picture: 1080p
Soundtracks: Discs 1(UHD) + 2 (European Cut) + 3 (European Cut Full Frame): English DTS HD Master 5.1
English DTS HD Master 2.0 dual Mono
Italian DTS HD Master 5.1
Italian DTS HD Master 2.0 Stereo
(UHD according to cover, I can't play UHD discs)
Disc 3 (US Theatrical Cut) + 4 (Extended Version):
English DTS HD Master 5.1 24bit
English DTS HD Master 2.0 dual Mono 24bit
Subtitles: Disc 1: Italian (Optional) (again, UHD according to cover)
Cuts: No cuts on all discs
Disc 1: Unknown length
Disc 2: 1:59:43 incl. 25 seconds of restauration notes and a "Nicolas Winding Refn presents" panel
Disc 3: 1:59:43 incl. 25 seconds of restauration notes and a "Nicolas Winding Refn presents" panel
Disc 4: 2:07:02
Disc 5: 2:19:26
Commentaries: Disc 1+2+3 only: by Claudio Fuiano & Alessandro Marega (in italian only)
Extras: All discs have a credit from Koch Media, the Authoring company for this set. No other extras on discs 1-5.
Disc 6 (Bonus Material)
Interviews:
- The wizard of Gore: A conversation with Tom Savini (18:27) in english with optional italian subtitles
- Talk of the dead: A conversation with Nicolas Winding Refn (7:56) in english with optional italian subtitles
- Talk of the dead: A conversation with Dario Argento (28:33) in italian without subtitles
The restauration of 'Zombi' in 4K: Interview with Michele De Angelis & Gianni Vittori (7:54) in italian without subtitles
Press conference for Premiere with Dario Argento & Nicolas Winding Refn (32:25) in english & italian, depending on who speaks, Refn gets overdubbed by translator, but can faintly be listened to. No subtitles
Premiere Q&A with Dario Argento & Nicolas Winding Refn (10:59) in english & italian, depending on who speaks. Italian subtitles
When there is no more room in Hell: Interviews with Claudio Argento, Claudio Simonetti & Alfredo Cuomo (30:20) in italian without subtitles
Trailers & TV Spots
- English
- US TV Spot 1 (0:29)
- US TV Spot 2 (0:51)
- US TV Spot 3 (0:56)
- US TV Spot 4 (1:00)
- US Theatrical Trailer 1 (2:31)
- US Theatrical Trailer 2 (3:26)
- German
- German TV Spot (0:56)
- German Trailer (3:21)
Contest: Zombi Fan Art (2:09)
Notes: Reversible inlay with 2 poster artworks on each side, also comes as a 4-disc set omitting the 4K & full frame discs
Source:* I own this disc
Oliver_Asmussen

Re: Blu-Ray + UHD Dawn of the Dead 1978 Italy

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 15 Aug 2017 23:06

Some confusion, tell me if this is correct:

4K - European Cut:
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
English DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Dual Mono
Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo

Blu-ray - European Cut - Widescreen/Fullscreen:
Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
Italian DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo

Blu-ray - US Theatrical Cut:

Blu-ray - Extended Cut:

Also you said that disc three includes both the US cut and European cut but no information about DISC FIVE. I assume this is a mistake.
As for the subtitles, the UHD has Italian but the other discs have no subtitles? Could you make sure? Seems strange for an Italian release to forget about subtitles.

And as I stated before instead of DTS HD Master 5.1 please write DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 to make things easier for entry.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Blu-Ray + UHD Dawn of the Dead 1978 Italy FAO Oliver

Postby Oliver_Asmussen » 17 Aug 2017 04:30

"Some confusion, tell me if this is correct:"
These infos are correct.
The european cuts have identical specs, except one is widescreen and one is windowboxed 1.33:1 in a 16:9 frame and one is 4K. They are the new 4K remaster, whereas the us-cut and extended cut are not 4k remastered.

Disc 1: European Cut (4K) Unknown length
Disc 2: European Cut (Blu-Ray) 1:59:43 incl. 25 seconds of restauration notes and a "Nicolas Winding Refn presents" panel
Disc 3: European Cut full frame (Blu-Ray)1:59:43 incl. 25 seconds of restauration notes and a "Nicolas Winding Refn presents" panel
Disc 4: Theatrical version (Blu-Ray) 2:07:02
Disc 5: Extended version (Blu-Ray) 2:19:26
Disc 6: Extra

Only the european cuts have Italian audio (5.1 & Stereo , NOT dual mono), ALL discs have english 5.1 & dual mono and ALL discs have optional Italian subtitles except for disc 6, where the extras are in Italian already.

Also, the discs are NOT numbered, they just mention the respective version on it and all have the same artwork, too.
Technically, any version can be any disc number. Only the cover says which disc is which and I wrote it up like that above.
Oliver_Asmussen

Re: Blu-Ray + UHD Dawn of the Dead 1978 Italy FAO Oliver

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Aug 2017 13:51

Added, though I listed Koch Media as the distributor as the box as Midnight Factory is a sublabel of Koch. Thank you!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests