The Day After IN PROGRESS

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

The Day After IN PROGRESS

Postby Doug_Stratton » 20 Nov 2017 23:36

The Day After
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=9002

Wanted to mention some slight incorrect info that concerns the region 1 dvd from MGM.
Their disc is not truly full frame. Fact of the matter is that they actually zoomed in on an already full frame picture cropping off more on the sides and top and bottom

Also the region 4 Australia disc uses a 1:78:1 ratio (as already listed), though a tv film when it was released in Europe (and overseas) it was released Theatrically with a 1:78:1 ratio so technically that too is a correct ratio for the film

the US laserdisc used that ratio

below are two sets of compare pics I made way back in 2011. You can see the zoomed in picture on the MGM disc compared o the slightly matted 1:78:1 US laserdisc and the bottom being the total true full frame open matte picture used on the original ABC tv airing

I also have a few overseas dvds for the film but no idea when I can get around to doing some full compare work other than spec listing

Doug_Stratton

Re: The Day After

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 22 Nov 2017 15:19

Thank you Doug. It would be great if you can list the specs of any other DVD releases of "The Day After" to add.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: The Day After IN PROGRESS

Postby Samuel_Scott » 12 Dec 2017 13:17

Doesn't look like we're getting a reply from Doug unfortunately. Perhaps we can move this to the reference thread? What do you think James?
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests