The Philadelphia Experiment (1984) Image Entertainment ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

The Philadelphia Experiment (1984) Image Entertainment ADDED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 21 May 2018 14:02

Title: The Philadelphia Experiment (1984)
Region: 1
Releasing Studio: Image Entertainment
Case Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Anamorphic?: Yes
PAL or NTSC?: NTSC
Soundtracks: English Dolby Digital 2.0 ( mono ? * )

*note: according to IMDb, the original soundtrack is mono. The back of the case says it is "Dolby Digital Mono". The soundtrack on this DVD is definitely stereo in the sense that it has two channels and they are not identical. However, almost all of the sounds are pretty much centred in the mix, so it might be a pseudo-stereo mix created from a mono source or something like that.

As a more general point, I notice that your site differentiates between 2.0 stereo and 2.0 surround, but I don't know how to determine which of these a given 2.0 mix is. Could someone perhaps clarify? Please note that my own audio replay system is stereo only.

Subtitles (are they optional?): none
Cuts: no known cuts - presumably uncut (101:20)
Commentaries: none
Extras:

Start-up trailers:
- Transylvania 6-5000 (0:55)
- Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (0:58)
- 18 Again! (2:00)

Theatrical Trailer (3:01)

Notes:
Easter Eggs: none known
Amazon ASIN: B005FQ2H8W
Source: I own a copy.

Additional info.:

Note that this movie is available on Blu-ray now, so most fans will probably want to get a Blu-ray version instead.
Darrel_Griffin

Re: The Philadelphia Experiment (1984) Image Entertainment D

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 22 May 2018 22:28

Darrel_Griffin wrote:As a more general point, I notice that your site differentiates between 2.0 stereo and 2.0 surround, but I don't know how to determine which of these a given 2.0 mix is. Could someone perhaps clarify?

"2.0 Surround" is a feature with Dolby tracks, a 2.0 channel which is flagged with Dolby Pro-Logic decoding to default the track to play in surround on surround sound systems, basically mimicking a 4.0 track. There are programs like BDinfo for Blu-rays and DVD Audio Extractor for DVDs/Blu-rays that clearly show if a track is surround or not.

Added this Image release as mono. Even in mono 2.0 tracks there can be some slight inconsistency in balance between the two tracks.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests