Enter The Dragon (various)

A selection of threads which are no longer active but which we feel are of significant value to keep.

Moderator: Forum Team

Re: Enter The Dragon (various)

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 11 Jan 2014 10:30

I've been trying to, but DVDFab can't get through the scanning process. Neither can AnyDVDHD.

I see, it's your Blu-Ray-Rom drive problem. Lots of cheap drives have problems ripping discs with DVDFab.
I had this problem in the past until bought myself a Plextor drive. Now no problems even with defective discs.
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Chris_Xa » 11 Jan 2014 13:59

Hamish_Towgood wrote:Disc Number for original release:
Outer Ring: BVDL-004890A1
Inner Ring: BDVL-004890B1
Re-Release starts with A01
Looking at sourcing a new cover scan to see if the back is any different.

Ok, the numbers I'm getting are:
* Outer Ring: A0100916799-A911[space]4000
* Inner Ring: A0100916799-B911[space]2000
By [space], I mean there's a large space between the numbers, not the word "[space]". As for the cover, both front and back look completely identical to http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Enter-the ... -ray/8793/ (again, even the barcode). But given the ring numbers, I guess it is a 2nd/re- release.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=145007 sheds further light upon the situation. http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... stcount=44 indicates the rerelease came out in 2010, and http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... stcount=26 indicate possibly WHY the WARRIOR'S JOURNEY is not on "my"/re-release version.

How is a customer supposed to know when buying, given most sale copies are shrink-wrapped? Oh well.

P.S. Hamish, since you can post at bluray.com forums, do you want to advise the folks on both threads (ie the one you started, and the 145007) - with the new ring numbers, seeing as that's the ONLY way to tell the releases apart? I don't want to register (and have to remember yet another password) for a probably-once-only post...
But thanks for helping to clarify the situation.

Rewind staff, guess I should submit this as a "2010 rerelease" - or would you prefer another id/moniker? Having said that, perhaps include HamishT's ring numbers on the old release also?
Chris_Xa

Postby Hamish_Towgood » 11 Jan 2014 23:18

Jim_Mcdonaugh wrote:
I've been trying to, but DVDFab can't get through the scanning process. Neither can AnyDVDHD.

I see, it's your Blu-Ray-Rom drive problem. Lots of cheap drives have problems ripping discs with DVDFab.
I had this problem in the past until bought myself a Plextor drive. Now no problems even with defective discs.

Nah mate, nothing wrong with my drive.
Hamish_Towgood

Postby Alister_Manson » 14 Jan 2014 00:27

What really guts me is the, as far as I know, no BD release of this movie contains the documentary which was included on the 2-disc DVD (title escapes me presently) which included the original uncut Game Of Death fight footage, which is also included on the Game Of Death DVD in a slightly shortened form.
Alister_Manson

Postby Chris_Xa » 14 Jan 2014 09:16

Alister_Manson wrote:What really guts me is the, as far as I know, no BD release of this movie contains the documentary which was included on the 2-disc DVD (title escapes me presently) which included the original uncut Game Of Death fight footage, which is also included on the Game Of Death DVD in a slightly shortened form.

The title in question is WARRIOR'S JOURNEY... You may have gathered from reading these posts (and associated bluray.com links), that it IS available on a bluray... but the old/very-first-release (2007?) apparently, but was removed on the 2nd (2010?) release. The problem with both releases is the poor bluray transfer (apparently from a 1080i source which was converted to 1080p), which explains the "jaggies" - see the caps-a-holic comparisons. And unless you open the case and look at the disks before buying (depending on the region), there may not be any way to tell the 2 releases apart.
So as suggested previously, get/keep your DVD copy that has the doco, and get the 40th anniversary if you want the film's best image (so far).
Chris_Xa

Postby Jari_Kovalainen » 14 Jan 2014 11:21

Chris_Xa wrote:The title in question is WARRIOR'S JOURNEY... You may have gathered from reading these posts (and associated bluray.com links), that it IS available on a bluray... but the old/very-first-release (2007?) apparently, but was removed on the 2nd (2010?) release.

Yes, original WB release (which I still have) has "Bruce Lee: A Warrior’s Journey" doc (around 100 mins). I believe it's in SD, though.
"There is no normal life, there's just life. You live it."
-Tombstone
Jari_Kovalainen
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 23 Jan 2014 15:51

Moving this thread to reference...
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Previous

Return to Reference