Lost TV Series (2004–2010) UK DVD - ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Lost TV Series (2004–2010) UK DVD - ADDED

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 01 Dec 2017 19:06

Hi guys, this is sort of half a request this one: I just want to check first that there are no other online comparisons you guys might be able to get hold of first (or if anyone else has their own comparisons they can make or something). If not then I own the full (UK) DVD boxset of all seasons of "Lost TV Series (2004–2010)", and I can upload my own DVD data specs in the near future if you guys want/need me to. (It might be a while before I can get the data together though...) :o

I just happened to notice the current data specs of UK DVD "Lost" is only 1-half of season-1, and UK BluRay there are only seasons 1>3 listed atm). There's seems to be limited data for other countries too (but since I only own the UK DVD boxset, that is the most I can help am afraid). It looks like some listings had recent updated data, so I'm guessing there is limited online data anywhere else about this series - but I thought I'd put in the request first just in case there's some (perhaps better?) online data somewhere. :lol:
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Lost TV Series (2004–2010) UK DVD

Postby Rob_Hunt » 01 Dec 2017 19:36

I have the complete series on blu-ray, but I got distracted a while back halfway through updating the listings :lol: - I will eventually get around to updating S4-S6. Having all the DVDs compared would be a great bonus if you're happy to go through them, but I imagine it will take a good bit of time! :)
Rob_Hunt
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 02 Dec 2017 15:40

Rob_Hunt wrote:I have the complete series on blu-ray, but I got distracted a while back halfway through updating the listings :lol: - I will eventually get around to updating S4-S6. Having all the DVDs compared would be a great bonus if you're happy to go through them, but I imagine it will take a good bit of time! :)

OK then I will get the data of the UK DVD Lost boxset when I can - will probably be some weeks before I have the time to start making notes however - I got a lot of stuff going on atm... :lol:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Rob_Hunt » 02 Dec 2017 16:16

:lol:

No worries and thank you in advance!
Rob_Hunt
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 06 Dec 2017 11:21

I've been meaning to update the US specs as well for the DVDs of LOST
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 09 Dec 2017 20:37

Looks like it may take me a lot longer before I can even begin to start getting data from the discs...

Disc 1 of Season 3 I think is faulty, so I got to go and get a replacement boxset (hopefully) - which also means watching the whole of seasons 1+2 all over again (to ensure the new copies work too). :( NOTE: I bought the boxset less than a month ago - so obviously I want to actually finish watching all the discs to make sure they work before I start uploading any data!

I've tested it on various players and software and I get varying results. TBH it might be a programming glitch, and as such is duplicated in all other identical mass-produced boxsets on the market. Or it could just be my copy, I cannot be sure either way (at the moment). So when I get a replacement, IF the same glitch continues it's safe to assume this is a common problem on all UK DVD versions of the particular disc <<< and that could be something really important to note about here on site (if it doesn't glitch again then I don't want to upload incorrect data). What happens is:

*the play-all transition between episodes fails to load (sometimes before ANY episodes load, sometimes between eps 1+2)
*the 2nd episode might load but causes frame skipping at the beginning of the episode (and possibly throughout) - yet the audio seems to run fine (at least on one software program - on another: audio is absent and picture is frame skipping but jumps frames very very slowly)
*the 2nd episode on the disc displays the wrong runtime + it seems to start loading 10 seconds into the episode or something, I'm not really sure. :-?
(There could be further problems on this disc with other episodes and content, but I have not explored it further)

I've also checked online to see if there are any other mentions of a glitch like this. Though I cannot find anything specific, I did see a lot of people's reviews on Amazon - they complained that various discs from their boxsets didn't work or had various skipping problems etc. It's still not enough to be sure, so I guess I will attempt at getting a replacement and see if it behaves the same. I promise I will upload the whole series boxset data ASAP when I can in the future - it will just take me a long time till I can do it that's all! :lol:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 16 Jan 2018 19:08

OK, I'm nearly finished watching the whole series of Lost (of my new replacement copies I got). A few more days and I should be able to start uploading data about every UK-DVD series.

BTW, that programming glitch I mentioned in a previous post - I think IT IS a common factory fault on all UK-DVD season-3 releases. The episodes themselves play fine, but once each episode finishes the screen turns black / blank and remains that way for about a minute before it either loads the next episode, or returns to the main menu. It might even lock up the disc / DVD-player / DVD-program during this period of time (but I think only if you try to click on something to try to get it load faster - it seems like it is struggling to load what is next on the DVD).
The run-times of these affected episodes are also glitchy - each episode starts exactly where it should at the beginning of the episode and no content is skipped, but the timer for each starts at about 10-seconds, instead of zero. Weird. :-?

Anyway, in the mean time I did a bit of checking online and discovered the following links:

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Lost:_T ... eason_(DVD)

These links include various regions for both DVD + Blu-Ray. I know this site doesn't typically rely on wiki-webpage data, but ultimately I feel I will likely just end up copying a lot of the data already on these pages (after I compare online data to my DVD copies to make sure both are the same obviously + make any corrections if necessary + re-design / re-word the data layout to fit this site). Should I still go ahead and upload my own data (in a few days)?
Ewan_McMahon

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 17 Jan 2018 16:23

Yes please, it would help if you could
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 20 Jan 2018 15:25

Ach, sorry it might take me 1 or 2 weeks more before I can get the data together - some IRL stuff delaying things further, I don't have the time to do DVD-checking. :-?

I promise I will get the data out ASAP!
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 07 Feb 2018 16:22

Horay! Finally I completed all 6 Seasons of UK DVD Lost - and uploaded them in the comparisons section ready for you guys to double check. Only took me several months to do! :lol: But having to get a replacement copy boxset and watch them all over again, as well as other stuff keeping me busy, time just built up. :wink:
Ewan_McMahon

Postby Rob_Hunt » 07 Feb 2018 16:28

Fantastic, thank you! :-D
Rob_Hunt
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests