What/where to buy in Tokyo?

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

What/where to buy in Tokyo?

Postby Esa_Raita » 23 Aug 2018 13:03

I'm staying in Tokyo for the next week or so and thought I'd check if I could buy some nice movie releases here. So far I'm only finding "adult" anime releases and some very limited selections of general movies.

I'm trying now to order from amazon.co.jp to my hotel address the Japanese BD release of "Salute of Jugger" to see how that works. They claim 24h delivery so why not. If it works I might order more.

Do you know of any store in Tokyo with wide enough selection to be of interest to an international movie collector? I am also looking for BD release of anime title Mirai Shonen Conan (no English subtitles I know but I love this title).
Esa_Raita

Re: What/where to buy in Tokyo?

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 24 Aug 2018 01:38

Shops in Akihabara all over have a big selection for anime. Disk Union has some good titles but not so much with anime. I go there a lot for cult titles, imports, and music related stuff. Book Off stores are at almost every train station. The large ones in Shinjuku, Ikebukuro and Akihabara are recommended.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: What/where to buy in Tokyo?

Postby Noor_Razzak » 27 Aug 2018 03:33

You can try Tower Records Shibuya.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys. (Office Space)
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion