Titanic (1997) Blu-ray - 2012 version query

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Titanic (1997) Blu-ray - 2012 version query

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 24 Oct 2018 14:39

This is probably a really stupid question, but are all worldwide 2012 (onwards?) BluRay releases of Titanic affected with the "digital alterations" mentioned on MOVIE-CENSORSHIP https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=935850 compared to this movies original theatrical / VHS / early DVD releases?

I only ask because most places say "the new 2012 version" has these "digital alterations" - problem is there was also the 3D version of Titanic that was made the same year - so when most places say "the new 2012 version", are they referring to all versions 2012 onwards (2D and 3D) or perhaps just the 3D version?
Ewan_McMahon

Re: Titanic (1997) Blu-ray - 2012 version query

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 06 Nov 2018 07:06

All blu-rays have the same digital correction as mentioned
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Titanic (1997) Blu-ray - 2012 version query

Postby Ewan_McMahon » 07 Nov 2018 10:42

OK thankyou.

I just thought I'd ask, especially since there are many country releases and versions - chances are at least one version somewhere might have been different (happens all the time with hundreds of other titles across the world).

I know it's just minor things that have been changed in this film - mainly cosmetic changes (background imagery of sky clouds, star-fields etc), so in the long run barely noticeable. But it all still matters to me - bit like the many changes to the original star-wars movies over the years: a little change here, a little change there, on and on, again and again, over and over again over time throughout the whole thing, until the whole original has long since been replaced with some CGI monstrosity or something.... :o OK, yes I am exaggerating here, some changes to movies are often better in the long run, but I dislike it when more often than not only the most modern version/remake is forced upon us - and no option to purchase or very limited options to purchase the original versions.

If all media releases (particularly BluRay which can handle the extra data space) include both old AND new versions of a movie/series as a playable option of some kind, I wouldn't be complaining! :lol:

But anyway, never mind, and thanks for double checking for me - I just wanted to be sure. :-D
Ewan_McMahon

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion