WHISPERING DEATH (R0 Italy) BOOTLEG

A selection of threads which are no longer active but which we feel are of significant value to keep.

Moderator: Forum Team

WHISPERING DEATH (R0 Italy) BOOTLEG

Postby Davy_Lee » 06 Jul 2018 11:42

Title: Whispering Death a.k.a. Night of the Askari a.k.a. Albino a.k.a. Death in the Sun
Region: 0
Distributor: Mosaico Media
Case Type: Keep case
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Anamorphic?: No
PAL or NTSC?: PAL
Soundtracks: English DD 2.0 mono, Italian DD 2.0 mono
Subtitles (are they optional?): -
Cuts: Yes (82:40)
Commentaries: -
Extras: -

Notes:
- Onscreen title is "Albino" superimposed over a black screen during the opening credits.
- A few seconds before the ending, the audio is muted. The film ends abruptly without the closing credits.
- Title on the cover "Con La Bava alla Bocca".
- Numbered edition limited to 999 copies.

Source: My collection

Main menu

ImageImage
Slightly better than VHS. I've seen worse.

Davy's Score:
Video: 5.5
Audio: 6.5
Extras: 0
Packaging: 5

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... ?fid=20106

Very hard to find even on DVD. I'll upgrade if a BD or at least a newly remastered 16x9 DVD is released.
*N=New to collection :-D, U=Upgrade :), DD=Double Dipping :wink:, R=Replacement for damaged disc :-?

“Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.”
Davy_Lee

Re: WHISPERING DEATH (R0 Italy)

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 06 Jul 2018 15:42

Mosaico Media is on pirate labels list.

And this is a bad indicator:
Davy_Lee wrote:- A few seconds before the ending, the audio is muted. The film ends abruptly without the closing credits.
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: WHISPERING DEATH (R0 Italy)

Postby Davy_Lee » 07 Jul 2018 04:31

I like the movie and took the risk when ordering it with 5 others. Lucky I got this only for €5.40.

At least the sleeve looks legit, doesn't it? :lol:

I've got burned several times (about 10) when buying from Amz Spain and have stopped buying from them since 2015. I've been "luckier" with my purchase from Italy. So far, I've got about 5 DVDs that might be bootleg (including the one posted). The thing is, they had been releasing obscure/forgotten and hard-to-find 70s and 80s movies that were on my wish list. I only order from Italy occasionally. Soon, I'll stop ordering from them too. Purchasing DVD and BD from these two countries is like stepping into a minefield :x

Btw, the French DVD also has similar run time and specs, could it also be a bootleg?
*N=New to collection :-D, U=Upgrade :), DD=Double Dipping :wink:, R=Replacement for damaged disc :-?

“Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.”
Davy_Lee

Return to Reference