TZ BDs UPDATED

A selection of threads which are no longer active but which we feel are of significant value to keep.

Moderator: Forum Team

TZ BDs UPDATED

Postby Brent_Reid » 10 Jul 2018 11:54

In the initial run of Image's US season 1 BDs (ASIN B003JBI3GA), the fourth disc froze up during the episodes "Long Live Walter Jameson" and "The Big Tall Wish". A disc replacement programme was in place at the time and The Complete Series box set (ASIN B007I8KXQ8), which followed two years later, only contains corrected discs.
Brent_Reid

Re: TZ BDs

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 10 Jul 2018 15:23

Thank you, Updated. Although it would have been easier to understand if you could have written "Twilight Zone" in the title...!
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: TZ BDs UPDATED

Postby Brent_Reid » 10 Jul 2018 15:54

But I thought you'd enjoy a little riddle. :-? Not really: that was me trying to be clever and failing spectacularly! I obviously meant to put the full title in the post and forgot. In my miserable defence, I posted straight after coming off a long night shift when I should have been going to bed. That's right: DVDC is even more important to me than sleep!
Brent_Reid

Postby Brent_Reid » 12 Jul 2018 23:55

I forgot to mention: you can remove my comparison request for the UK TZ BDs from that thread's OP, as I bought the latest US Paramount set instead. Same goes for the Sunshine Cleaning UK BD: I bought the US disc.
Brent_Reid

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 13 Jul 2018 15:32

But they are still "needed" for the site, so we can leave them up! I bet anything Sunshine Cleaning is identical to the US disc. It's been on my wishlist for a long time.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Brent_Reid » 13 Jul 2018 16:10

It's a great little film. Have just found a screenshot of the UK BD rear sleeve and though Amazon says it's from Platform, it's actually from Anchor Bay and looks identical to their US disc. The German looks to have a few more extras than either. The Spanish doesn't indicate any on the sleeve.
Brent_Reid

Postby Rob_Hunt » 14 Jul 2018 09:38

Platform have bought up a number of Anchor Bay titles, even if Anchor Bay released them previously (they did this for Black Sails, and reissued some discs with extras).
Rob_Hunt
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Brent_Reid » 14 Jul 2018 14:49

I could only find photos of the UK Anchor Bay BD front and rear sleeve, and its stated specs are the same as the AB. If Platform have reissued it, they're obviously using the same Amazon listing. Though their website mentions a DVD, there's nothing about a BD: http://www.platformentertainment.com/portfolio-items/sunshine-cleaning/. Their other titles mention DVD and BD where appropriate.
Brent_Reid

Return to Reference