Toomorrow (1970) - entry modified

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Toomorrow (1970) - entry modified

Postby John_Lee » 05 Jul 2012 19:48

R0 United Kingdom - (Elstree Hill Entertainment)

Again, tried to use the comparison form but can't get it to work for some reason, so I hope it's okay to put this here.

I thought it should be noted that the UK DVD has problems with picture break up, skipping and freezing, especially for the last 20 minutes or so, and is similar to the glitches you would see when playing a faulty disc. The discussions on Amazon UK/US suggest it's in the source and happened when being transferred, and not because of faulty discs, which would concur with my finding as my disc gives no read errors when checked. Also, the audio is only on the right channel, the left is silent.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/RR8ZH3Q5 ... hisHelpful

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3TEJLAEMF ... hisHelpful

Also, is Elstree Hill Entertainment correct? Mine says it's from Pickwick Video Entertainment.
John_Lee

Re: Toomorrow (1970)

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 05 Jul 2012 20:59

I thought it should be noted that the UK DVD has problems with picture break up, skipping and freezing, especially for the last 20 minutes or so, and is similar to the glitches you would see when playing a faulty disc. The discussions on Amazon UK/US suggest it's in the source and happened when being transferred, and not because of faulty discs, which would concur with my finding as my disc gives no read errors when checked. Also, the audio is only on the right channel, the left is silent.

I thought it was just my disc! The packaging does state that "Some quality may have been lost during the transferring process." I was able to balance the sound (somewhat) by playing with various simulation options on my amp.

Also, is Elstree Hill Entertainment correct? Mine says it's from Pickwick Video Entertainment.

Elstree Hill is one of their labels (it is stated on the back) - we have entries for "Elstree Hill", but none for Pickwick, so I was trying to be consistent.

I have modified the entry.

Thanks for confirming mine was not a dodgy disc. 8)
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Toomorrow (1970) - entry modified

Postby John_Lee » 06 Jul 2012 21:02

Ahh. I haven't got the cover as in this instance I've rented it first. I should have made this clear. I thought they must have missed the problems with glitches etc., but maybe not. :oops:

I might still buy it though, being a ONJ fan. :)
John_Lee

Re: Toomorrow (1970) - entry modified

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 06 Jul 2012 21:52

I might still buy it though, being a ONJ fan. :)

I bought it because I'm interested in anything that writer, director, producer, actor, composer Val Guest
has been involved with — http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0346436/ — a fascinating career!
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion