Brazil news: FAO Anthony!!

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Brazil news: FAO Anthony!!

Postby Samuel_Scott » 19 Sep 2012 08:02

Anthony, I know this is your favourite film.

Coming from Criterion in December:
Restored high-definition digital transfer of Terry Gilliam's 142-minute director's cut, supervised by Gilliam, with DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 surround soundtrack on the Blu-ray edition
Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam
What Is "Brazil"?, a thirty-minute on-set documentary by Rob Hedden
The Battle of "Brazil": A Video History, a sixty-minute documentary by author and film writer Jack Mathews about the controversy surrounding the film's release
The "Love Conquers All" version of Brazil, a ninety-four-minute cut of the film produced by the studio in an attempt to make it more commercial, with commentary by Brazil expert David Morgan
The Production Notebook, a collection of supplements featuring a trove of Brazil-iana from Gilliam's personal collection: a short documentary on the screenplay, featuring interviews with screenwriters Gilliam, Charles McKeown, and Tom Stoppard; Gilliam's storyboards for unfilmed dream sequences, animated and narrated by Morgan; visual essays on the film's production design and special effects; a visual essay on Brazil's costumes, narrated by costume designer James Acheson; and interviews with Gilliam and composer Michael Kamen on the score
Trailer
PLUS: An essay by Jack Matthews on the DVD edition and a booklet featuring an essay by film critic David Sterritt on the Blu-ray edition

I have to admit, I'm more interested in their other titles that month. They are also releasing the Qatsi trilogy, which will hopefully be stunning, and Christopher Nolan's Following.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion