Moving for discussion with regards to how we operate! ;)

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Moving for discussion with regards to how we operate! ;)

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 19 Sep 2012 15:42

Avenging Angelo [R2 Denmark]
Distributor: Nordisk Film
Running Time: 96:36
Case Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Picture Format: Anamorphic
TV System: PAL
Soundtrack(s):
English DTS 5.1
English Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish (optional)
Theatrical Trailer [1:49]

Notes: DTS track is 768 Kb/sec. The trailer is in English without any subs. Source: personal disc..
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Re: Avenging Angelo/Angelo's Vendetta [R2 Denmark]ADDED

Postby Samuel_Scott » 20 Sep 2012 14:15

Thanks Jim! I also added 5 other releases.

Surprised this one wasn't in the database yet with all the Stallone fans we tend to have.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 20 Sep 2012 14:28

Samuel_Scott wrote:Surprised this one wasn't in the database yet with all the Stallone fans we tend to have.

I'm suprised how many decent movies your database lacks.
I mean you've got lots of prehistoric-nobody-remembers-them titles, but modern films aren't presented. Why?
Coz you've got a very few contributors. Many members who added lots of specs, perished without a trace.
And now only a dozen of members posts specs. You need to attract more collectors and add specs faster.
Sometimes it takes a month to add specs. You've got like 10 mods, but only a few are active? Why? "Being busy" won't cut it. I think, they simply don't care anymore. So relieve a few, and replace with somebody who'll be adding specs all the time. I'm for one is the right man. :-D
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Samuel_Scott » 20 Sep 2012 14:56

Jim_Mcdonaugh wrote:I'm suprised how many decent movies your database lacks.

Decent is an objective word. People have different tastes so not a good argument.

I mean you've got lots of prehistoric-nobody-remembers-them titles, but modern films aren't presented. Why?

Easy. People do remember them because that's why they are there. People have submitted them / asked for them. Recent years have seen fewer and fewer companies handing out the big titles so it's hard to find specs from reviews. In the UK alone, the number of review sites have dropped dramatically in the last few years and the ones that remain are posting less and less reviews.

Coz you've got a very few contributors.

This is true, but even the visitors we do have tend to add specs for their particular genres and not the modern movies which is cool by me! Alexander_Is is posting a lot of animated shows, Mark posts a lot of 70's/80's action and mini-series, Erik posts a lot of TV, Randall and estebon a lot of Eastern movies. People post what there personal interests are and that is a great thing to have such an eclectic mix of people in a small community.

Many members who added lots of specs, perished without a trace.

This happens on every site. You always get people who lose interest, become too busy, start a family, get new hobbies. I've seen it on other sites that deal with user based details every day. It's an expected cycle.

And now only a dozen of members posts specs.

And they are an awesome dozen. I've been here for over ten years now and it's always been the same. Always about a dozen people who post loads, and the people just change over time. A lot have become team members, a lot have retired.

You need to attract more collectors and add specs faster.
Sometimes it takes a month to add specs. You've got like 10 mods, but only a few are active? Why? "Being busy" won't cut it. I think, they simply don't care anymore.

Absolute nonsense. Yes, it can take a while to add specs, but being busy does cut it. You'll notice I leave the site for a month at a time every few months. That's because I work 18-20 hour days for a month at a time and because I am too busy. I've even taken a year off to deal with other things. You might think only a few are active, but you just don't see them in the forums. Noor is always busy sorting out competitions and reviews. Reviews take a lot of time, and keeping a review team together is a hell of a lot of work. Adrian is forever doing behind the scenes updates for us, dealing with any niggles we have in the admin pages. A couple are on hiatus and we know that (Rob is at University - infinitely more important).

At the end of the day, we have all always said that life comes first, Rewind comes when you have time. We all do it out of love (there's no pay!) and we all enjoy it, but you can't let it be a priority in life. I've done times where I've been here hours a day for months at a time. You burn yourself out!

So relieve a few

Will never happen. And old team members who have officially 'retired' such as Jari, Paul and Goran would be welcomed back with open arms!

somebody who'll be adding specs all the time. I'm for one is the right man. :-D

We're always looking for more people, but it comes naturally. They have to show several things to us:
- Reliable specs.
- Great positive forum member.
- Puts in the extra effort and adds the specs not only from their discs, but researches out reviews, ofdb etc etc.
- Is consistent, and has been here for a decent amount of time.
We have several of these people at the moment and just recently one declined our offer to join the team due to being too busy and other commitments. The door will always be open for this person.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 20 Sep 2012 16:19

Samuel_Scott wrote:Easy. People do remember them because that's why they are there. People have submitted them / asked for them. Recent years have seen fewer and fewer companies handing out the big titles so it's hard to find specs from reviews. In the UK alone, the number of review sites have dropped dramatically in the last few years and the ones that remain are posting less and less reviews.

You're right. My bad. If you enjoy those movies from 30-40, it's your business. What do I know, right? :-D

But about reviews. They are absolutely useless to me. But I was always amazed how many folks are influenced by them. "I won't watch this title coz Bobby rated it very low." Watch it yourself and decide for YOURSELF. Bobby is dumber then any chair in my room.

This is true, but even the visitors we do have tend to add specs for their particular genres and not the modern movies which is cool by me! Alexander_Is is posting a lot of animated shows, Mark posts a lot of 70's/80's action and mini-series, Erik posts a lot of TV, Randall and estebon a lot of Eastern movies. People post what there personal interests are and that is a great thing to have such an eclectic mix of people in a small community.

Yap, it's awesome... in a way.

This happens on every site. You always get people who lose interest, become too busy, start a family, get new hobbies. I've seen it on other sites that deal with user based details every day. It's an expected cycle.

Yap, agree. And there's nothing could be done about it...

At the end of the day, we have all always said that life comes first, Rewind comes when you have time. We all do it out of love (there's no pay!) and we all enjoy it, but you can't let it be a priority in life. I've done times where I've been here hours a day for months at a time. You burn yourself out!

Life is a tricky subject indeed.

Will never happen. And old team members who have officially 'retired' such as Jari, Paul and Goran would be welcomed back with open arms!

I was only kidding of course. :lol:

Great positive forum member.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Re: Moving for discussion with regards to how we operate! ;)

Postby Mark_Meakin » 20 Sep 2012 17:54

I like to know about more obscure stuff myself than the Hollywood blockbusters.I'm sick of the same films being re-issued by the majors when they have some many gems in their back catalogues.Even then most tend to be only considered worthy enough for M.O.D release when they do come out.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 20 Sep 2012 17:55

Everyone deserves a pat on the back who works on the site as well as fellow contributors.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 20 Sep 2012 18:01

Mark_Meakin wrote:I like to know about more obscure stuff myself than the Hollywood blockbusters.

Hollywood blockbusters aren't my thingy. Never cared about them.

I'm sick of the same films being re-issued by the majors when they have some many gems in their back catalogues.

Yeah, just imagine how many times the movies like Terminator 1/2 or Predator will be re-issued on BR without any improvement. :lol: T2 was released like 14 times on BR already and it's still sht.

Even then most tend to be only considered worthy enough for M.O.D release when they do come out.

:)
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 20 Sep 2012 23:10

Some people like to add forum submitted reviews, some like to hunt them down themselves.
I agree with Sam about the UK review sites, or lack/dramatic decline of them.
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 21 Sep 2012 08:38

I pretty much collect films from all the genres,everything from Cannibal Holocaust to the Carry On movies.I tend to add action,western & Horror movies here as they're my favourites. :)Love the old 70s US TVM so I've added those not on here I have & hope more will be released like Crowhaven Farm & Spielberg's Something Evil.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 21 Sep 2012 09:11

I also love the Universal horrors of the 1930s/40s & the science fiction A & B pictures of the 50s.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 21 Sep 2012 14:06

I tend to add action,western & Horror movies here as they're my favourites.

Hey, I love Horror stuff, too! Especially when they're really low budget, heh. :lol:
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Mark_Meakin » 21 Sep 2012 15:49

I like older low budget horror films but some of the newer ones are unwatchable.I've got finally picked up STARCRASH to watch on dvd which looks awful but fun nonetheless. :)
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 22 Sep 2012 07:11

Mark_Meakin wrote:I like older low budget horror films but some of the newer ones are unwatchable.I've got finally picked up STARCRASH to watch on dvd which looks awful but fun nonetheless. :)

Not so long time ago I bought and watched House Of Blood (2006) and oh, boy, I don't recall I've ever seen such pathetic, ridicules special effects in the modern cinema.
Those transitions from human form to vampiric deserve some rewards... :lol: You gotta see that movie! :-D Not to be missed. :lol:
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion