Lovefilm / Netflix

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Lovefilm / Netflix

Postby Samuel_Scott » 20 Sep 2012 22:30

I don't know if anyone subscribes to these streaming services (I currently subscribe to both, mainly because when I work away I can't take much with me) but if anyone has any recommendations or comes across some gems on the service, let us know.

I just finished up "God Bless America" via Lovefilm which was exceptional IMO, and Bobcat Goldthwait's best movie to date. He seems to be getting a lot of praise for this one so hopefully people will check out one of his earlier movies, "Sleeping Dogs" which I also really like but hate the fact not many seem to have seen it.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: Lovefilm / Netflix

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 20 Sep 2012 23:26

"Sleeping Dogs" which I also really like but hate the fact not many seem to have seen it.

It's great, just dug it out — will watch again soon.
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 20 Sep 2012 23:46

I see you just added the comparison. I could've sworn I'd done it previously. :lol:

Just noticed that Goldthwait's "World's Greatest Dad" is avilable via SkyPlayer so will watch that tomorrow maybe. Not seen it since a cinema viewing and would like to definately see it again.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 20 Sep 2012 23:49

Couldn't find it... but then there are one's I could have sworn I'd added, of which there is no trace — maybe a ghost in the machine :evil:

Also, neither DVDtalk or an Amazon reviewer list the (UK) interview on the US disc, which is a bit odd but...
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion