Xbox Ps3 Wii

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Xbox Ps3 Wii

Postby Samuel_Scott » 18 Nov 2012 18:03

Come on then guys, what are your gamertags?

Xbox: bprsam
Ps3: Can't remember - will find it
Wii: Can't remember but this hasn;t been turned on for something daft like 3 years. :lol:
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: Xbox Ps3 Wii

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 18 Nov 2012 18:18

I only play PC games these days. I had PlayStation 1 and 2, Famicon / NES (aka Dendy), and some other consoles in the past. But sold them all a long time ago.
I always prefered PC. Mouse + Keyboard = the best choice. Besides, I only like FPS (NOLF 1/2), RPG (NWN 1/2), and Action/RPG (Torchlight 1/2).
Infact, for the last 2 yrs I've being playing only Torchlight 1/2. Nothing else as I can recall...

P.S. I was thinking about buying Xbox360, but then realized there're no games for me to play, so I passed.
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 18 Nov 2012 21:28

Like Jim, I sold all my (important) consoles long ago due whatever reasons. At one point when I was still working for a game developer, I had about all the consoles available but since then I've got rid of most. I still have an old PS2 gathering dust somewhere but I play mainly PC games nowadays anyway. I like many kinds of games but unfortunately don't have as much as time to play as I'd want.

Only time I get to play console somewhat regularly these days is when we get together with friends like once a month and play some volume of Halo or any other similar games with multiple consoles in 4-member teams around the house. You can imagine the noise when everyone shouts tongue-in-cheek insults to the teams in other rooms. :lol: When I play at home, I prefer FPS or driving/racing games, I'm not really an online player.
Work occasionally keeps me off the grid but I'll be around sooner or later.
- Jyri aka GrimReaper - the Walking Discography
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 18 Nov 2012 22:05

Jyri_Lehtinen wrote:At one point when I was still working for a game developer.

Bugbear or Remedy (both are finnish joints)? I assume you worked in Finland?
I just hope you've never worked for EA or Blizzard! :lol: Coz they suck a lot, treat their employees like garbage...

I'm not really an online player.

The last time I played anything multiplayer, it was like 10 yrs ago! Or even more...
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 18 Nov 2012 22:09

Remedy, over 10 years ago. I lived like 100 meters from the place.
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 18 Nov 2012 22:22

Jyri_Lehtinen wrote:Remedy, over 10 years ago. I lived like 100 meters from the place.

The home of legendary Max Payne! One of the greatest PC games ever. Just forget that terrible sequel...
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 19 Nov 2012 16:58

Indeed. I didn't think the sequel was that bad but I hated it for being waaaaay too short, played through in a few hours. Too many sequels for hit games are like that. I enjoy games you can keep on playing for weeks. More challenge and better value for your money I guess.

Too bad the Max Payne movie was so terrible; it started fine by following the game here and there but soon turned into crap and the remainder of the movie wasn't any better.
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 19 Nov 2012 19:48

Jyri_Lehtinen wrote:Indeed. I didn't think the sequel was that bad but I hated it for being waaaaay too short, played through in a few hours.

That love story was silly, stupid and totally out of place. And Mona really sucked in every way...
And yeah, it was short and boring. Never replayed and hardly will.

Too bad the Max Payne movie was so terrible; it started fine by following the game here and there but soon turned into crap and the remainder of the movie wasn't any better.

Mark Wahlberg had a cone up his butt hole all the time. :lol: And the movie itself had no style at all.
Just another medium budget actioner.
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Paul_Lewis » 27 Nov 2012 09:36

Samuel_Scott wrote:Come on then guys, what are your gamertags?

Xbox: bprsam
Ps3: Can't remember - will find it
Wii: Can't remember but this hasn;t been turned on for something daft like 3 years. :lol:

XBox: Vito Cipriani (guess the movie that this is a reference to :lol: )
PS3: VitoCipriani (I'm not very imaginative :o )
'I ran out of ambition at the age of 27': Peter Cook.
Paul_Lewis
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 27 Nov 2012 17:20

Sending you a friend request now Paul...
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
Samuel_Scott

Postby Mark_Meakin » 27 Nov 2012 17:26

I got rid of my X Box 360 years ago to my brother & went back to playing the likes of Goldeneye on the N64 :oops: .Doesn't half strain your eyes trying to play most N64 games now.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 04 Dec 2012 18:03

Goldeneye 64 is my fave game of all time Mark! I'm just a casual gamer. I go through phases where I play non-stop for two weeks and then don't switch it on for several months. Recently finished up The Walking Dead game though which was great fun and just ordered Dirt Showdown which is my type of game.
Samuel_Scott

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 05 Dec 2012 09:54

Samuel_Scott wrote:Goldeneye 64 is my fave game of all time Mark! I'm just a casual gamer. I go through phases where I play non-stop for two weeks and then don't switch it on for several months. Recently finished up The Walking Dead game though which was great fun and just ordered Dirt Showdown which is my type of game.

I've been playing Mass Effect 3 for the last 3 days and can't stop! Fantastic game (those DLCs are great too). Way better then the sequel.
I'll replay the first and second parts when I'm done with the third one. :-D

BTW I've bought myself a new video card coz my old one died. :)
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Paul_Lewis » 11 Dec 2012 09:35

Samuel_Scott wrote:Recently finished up The Walking Dead game though which was great fun

I've got the first 'episode' of THE WALKING DEAD GAME and have been enjoying it so far; are the other episodes as good as the first, Sam?
'I ran out of ambition at the age of 27': Peter Cook.
Paul_Lewis
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion