Exterminator 2

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Exterminator 2

Postby Mark_Meakin » 27 Nov 2012 11:23

The new german dvd arrived today & looks far nicer than the Ninja III- Domination disc. Adding specs at moment.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Exterminator 2

Postby Paul_Lewis » 27 Nov 2012 15:45

Didn't know this was out. Is it uncut, Mark? I've got a terrible quality VHS rip of the Dutch(?) tape, which I believe is also uncut. Would love to have a decent version of this film on DVD. I know it's not a classic, but still... :)
'I ran out of ambition at the age of 27': Peter Cook.
Paul_Lewis
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 27 Nov 2012 17:19

Paul_Lewis wrote:Didn't know this was out. Is it uncut, Mark? I've got a terrible quality VHS rip of the Dutch(?) tape, which I believe is also uncut. Would love to have a decent version of this film on DVD. I know it's not a classic, but still... :)

I compared the dvd to the BBFC cuts list we have on the Worldwidedvdforums & it's uncut.The electrocution on the train track (also cut in the otherwise intact BRAVO screening),the beating of Ginty's girlfriend by Peeble's gang & the nunchaku shots are intact.The shots of the police helicopter pilot burning alive in the wreckage of his machine are also present & correct so well worth picking up.A good 2 minutes longer than the old Guild video release with the same cover art on the reverse.However I do gather the MPAA cut the film for an 'R' as the shooting of an old man during the opening robbery may be missing some impact shots.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Paul_Lewis » 27 Nov 2012 21:05

Jolly good :) Thanks for the info, Mark. I'll definitely purchase this disc come payday, methinks.
'I ran out of ambition at the age of 27': Peter Cook.
Paul_Lewis
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 27 Nov 2012 22:10

I agree it's not a great film,but I have fond memories of watching it & it's like in the video age as a teen, before we were spoiled by dvd. We really had to work hard at building decent film collections back then from various sources.I think you'll be more than happy with the german disc.This, Blood Beach & Ninja III within the space of a year !,just when I thought they'd never hit dvd.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion