CSI Miami Season 3, ep. 16 "Nothing to Lose"

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

CSI Miami Season 3, ep. 16 "Nothing to Lose"

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 12 Dec 2013 19:45

I'm currently writing down specs for Miami's third season (DVD) to be added soon, included will be at least Scandinavian, US and German releases, possibly Dutch too if I can find a detailed enough a review showing where some of the specific extras are located (they might not be quite on the same discs than where they are on the 6-disc sets), thanks to the Dutch set being a 2-parter like the older UK ones. For UK release I would have Part 1 sorted but not found a detailed enough review for Part 2, so might leave that out for now. Same for the UK complete set.

The real issue I'm having is one of the extended episodes, specifically episode 16, Nothing to Lose which is listed on IMDb as a single episode (90 mins with commercials), a single episode on the US dvd (64:38), a single episode on the German dvd (62:02) BUT split into two episodes on the Scandinavian dvd; Part 1 (38:29) and Part 2 (40:26). What the heck, compared to the German version, there seems to be like ~12 mins of additional footage after the durations of second ending/opening titles and recap of previous episode have been extracted from the running time.
This is odd because the other extended episode, Crime Wave seems to be of a same length on all the releases, (~62:54 PAL / ~65:33 NTSC).

I don't have any of the others at hand so can't make a direct scene to scene comparison with ep. 16 and not really willing to get one just to do that as I'll be getting the whole series on blu soon enough anyway. Haven't found any info regarding this mystery anywhere on the net so can anyone help me out? Contacting the dvd distributor wasn't too fruitful, according to one time I tried to get in touch with them about another matter. Anyone care to give their 2 cents on this?
Work occasionally keeps me off the grid but I'll be around sooner or later.
- Jyri aka GrimReaper - the Walking Discography
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Re: CSI Miami Season 3, ep. 16 "Nothing to Lose"

Postby Samuel_Scott » 12 Dec 2013 20:01

I can give you the UK runtime at the weekend if I can be arsed to find it and dig it out from a ton of boxes. PM me on Saturday to remind me.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: CSI Miami Season 3, ep. 16 "Nothing to Lose"

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 12 Dec 2013 21:02

Don't worry about it if you can't be bothered to look for the UK set. I'll put this season on hold for now and will advance with other seasons in the meantime until I've got some sort of info why we got a different version of the episode than the rest of the world apparently. Pan Vision and many other Scandinavian TV show distributors aren't the among the best of distributors which can be seen with often wrong aspect ratios, no extras, lower quality audio,...
Work occasionally keeps me off the grid but I'll be around sooner or later.
- Jyri aka GrimReaper - the Walking Discography
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion