Digital copies

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Digital copies

Postby Noor_Razzak » 30 Dec 2013 06:41

Does anyone use the digital copy codes? Anyone activating these for their portable media devices?

I started to initially with some titles but not so much anymore...
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys. (Office Space)
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Digital copies

Postby Samuel_Scott » 30 Dec 2013 10:35

I give them away.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Davy_Lee » 30 Dec 2013 13:55

I've never tried to download them because there isn't any excitement of watching films on a portable device :(

For this reason, I put all my digital copies in their cases and let them expire.
*N=New to collection :-D, U=Upgrade :), DD=Double Dipping :wink:, R=Replacement for damaged disc :-?

“Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.”
Davy_Lee

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 30 Dec 2013 19:40

Never watched or even redeemed a digital copy related to any DVD/BD release I've bought and probably won't. Just not my thing.
I have downloaded/streamed some titles on a laptop a few times during long train rides tho after recieving gift cards from a few domestic online stores but it still isn't something I do regularly but more like 1-2 times a year or less.
Work occasionally keeps me off the grid but I'll be around sooner or later.
- Jyri aka GrimReaper - the Walking Discography
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Postby Noor_Razzak » 30 Dec 2013 20:41

Jyri_Lehtinen wrote:I have downloaded/streamed some titles on a laptop a few times during long train rides tho...

I've done this, I have Netflix so that pretty much eliminates any need for a digital copy (mostly), however in the early days I did redeem some codes to have them on my iPad for when I travel overseas... however the entertainment consoles on most planes now have a decent amount of films there so I never ended up watching the digital copies I redeemed...
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys. (Office Space)
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 31 Dec 2013 17:00

It's no good to even bother with this junk. Who the hack cares about such copies? I don't and never will.
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Samuel_Scott » 31 Dec 2013 17:03

Jim_Mcdonaugh wrote:It's no good to even bother with this junk. Who the hack cares about such copies? I don't and never will.

Many do. It's the future. Whilst I hope there will always be physical media, it will eventually be all digital. Netflix and iTunes have changed the market substantially. In less than 10 years, digital will be the dominant format IMO. Whilst people like us care about the PQ/AQ etc, the general consumer couldn't care less.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 31 Dec 2013 18:08

Many do. It's the future. Whilst I hope there will always be physical media, it will eventually be all digital. Netflix and iTunes have changed the market substantially. In less than 10 years, digital will be the dominant format IMO. Whilst people like us care about the PQ/AQ etc, the general consumer couldn't care less.

I simply can't watch those .wmv rips... but you're right, the general consumer likes that crap.
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion