Cat Girl (1957) - March 2014 UK release

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Cat Girl (1957) - March 2014 UK release

Postby Tim_Rogerson » 15 Jan 2014 15:46

This is supposed to be the uncut UK version of the film running 5m longer than the various PD dupes of the US version of the film (which is shorter and has alternate footage). It is available for pre-order on Amazon as is the 1967 Amicus SF film The Terrornauts.

There is also an Australian disk out there of Cat Girl which is double-bill withHammer's Shadow of the Cat (no legit DVD release of this one anywhere - Universal have the rights). I am unable to confirm whether this is a legit release at the moment.

There are some interesting double-bills of British films unavailable on UK or US DVD from Australia being offered on Ebay, including the 1968 Linda hayden classic Baby Love, but again it is not clear to me if these are legitimate releases or not. This includes a d/b of Island of Terror (UK version is cut) and The Terrornauts.
Tim_Rogerson

Re: Cat Girl (1957) - March 2014 UK release

Postby Nigel_Badnell » 15 Jan 2014 23:03

There are some interesting double-bills of British films unavailable on UK or US DVD from Australia being offered on Ebay, including the 1968 Linda hayden classic Baby Love, but again it is not clear to me if these are legitimate releases or not. This includes a d/b of Island of Terror (UK version is cut) and The Terrornauts.

This is Onyx Media, legal but not legitimate IMHO. I have their double bill of "The Wild and the Willing"/"Sky West and Crooked", got before Network released the latter.
Good transfers, proper DVD pressing (not DVD-R) but SW&C had an Onyx Watermark
through-out! Would like a decent transfer of "Baby Love". Maybe Network?
The Prof.

"Long live the new flesh."
Nigel_Badnell
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion