Cheapest source for Brazil releases?

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Cheapest source for Brazil releases?

Postby Samuel_Scott » 18 Mar 2014 17:56

Plenty of online shops, but the shipping can be as much as $50 USA for one release! I previously grabbed the X-Files 1-9 filing cabinet set from Brazil and although the shipping was $120 on that item, it was reasonably bulky and heavy and to be expected.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: Cheapest source for Brazil releases?

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 18 Mar 2014 19:57

I've never bought any Brazilian releases from Brazil.. only a few DVDs long ago from a domestic auction site. :( Would be interested in getting some tho.

I remember that wooden beast of an X Files set and then some! How much does that go for these days? Did you recieve yours in mint condition? I also remember when it was released, lots of people recieved their sets all banged up and damaged due to poor packaging.
Work occasionally keeps me off the grid but I'll be around sooner or later.
- Jyri aka GrimReaper - the Walking Discography
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Postby Samuel_Scott » 18 Mar 2014 20:01

Jyri_Lehtinen wrote:I've never bought any Brazilian releases from Brazil.. only a few DVDs long ago from a domestic auction site. :( Would be interested in getting some tho.

I remember that wooden beast of an X Files set and then some! How much does that go for these days? Did you recieve yours in mint condition? I also remember when it was released, lots of people recieved their sets all banged up and damaged due to poor packaging.

Mine came in perfect nick. :-D
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
Samuel_Scott

Postby Jyri_Lehtinen » 18 Mar 2014 20:24

That's good to hear. Considering it's been OOP for a long time and nearly impossible to get for a reasonable price these days and first of all thanks to you reminding me of its existence again, I'm now considering to get a similar filing cabinet custom-made with a few carpenter friends. Shouldn't become too pricey. I only have the 2007 UK complete set so I think I need to get a hold of the whole series in digipak packagings which will look nicer in the drawers like in the Brazilian set. Might wait for some time tho, whether the series will be released on blu in the meantime.
Work occasionally keeps me off the grid but I'll be around sooner or later.
- Jyri aka GrimReaper - the Walking Discography
Jyri_Lehtinen
Former Rewind Staff

Postby Alister_Manson » 19 Mar 2014 00:13

Are those things even legal? I've seen a few such sets and they always seem quite bootleggish.
Alister_Manson

Postby Samuel_Scott » 19 Mar 2014 00:17

It's an official Fox release and was limited to 1000. There were some cheap imitations knocking about though.

http://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13562
Samuel_Scott

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion