Network thread

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Network thread

Postby Samuel_Scott » 09 Apr 2014 12:21

Sean Connery and Ian McShane film "Ransom" is coming to Blu-ray on the 11th August. Never seen this one, but looks like something I would enjoy.

The Ipcress File is coming too :drinking:
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: Network thread

Postby Paul_Lewis » 10 Apr 2014 00:24

Samuel_Scott wrote:Sean Connery and Ian McShane film "Ransom" is coming to Blu-ray on the 11th August. Never seen this one, but looks like something I would enjoy.

The Ipcress File is coming too :drinking:

RANSOM's really good. I shall be buying the Blu-ray of that one.

The old IPCRESS FILE Blu-ray was pretty good too, although I shall be interested to see what Network do with it.

Network sent us this information the other day, and this is as good a place to post it as any:

FILMED IN SUPERMARIONATION ANNOUNCEMENT

NETWORK ANNOUNCES DEFINITIVE DOCUMENTARY ON

THE WORK OF GERRY AND SYLVIA ANDERSON

NETWORK Distributing has completed a major new film about the work of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, Filmed In Supermarionation. The definitive documentary about the culturally iconic puppetry and animation technique developed by Gerry and Sylvia, Supermarionation was utilised in all their programmes throughout the 1960s including Stingray, Captain Scarlet and, most famously, Thunderbirds.

Directed and produced by Stephen La Rivière (The Story Of Upstairs Downstairs, We Were ‘The Champions’), Filmed In Supermarionation is a screen adaptation of his book of the same name telling the story of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson’s TV productions using a wealth of previously unseen archive footage, new interviews with those involved, and clips from the shows themselves.

Filmed in Supermarionation will be released Autumn 2014.

Tim Beddows, MD at Network Distributing, said: "Having grown up with the series they created, I’m thrilled to present the story of how Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and their team of extraordinary filmmakers brought the most spectacular children's television to audiences around the world. They were genuine pioneers and it's a testament to their skills that, decades on, the shows continue to thrill new generations."

Director Stephen La Rivière added:"Despite being made in the 60s the Supermarionation shows have continually found new audiences. A large part of this is down to the incredible care with which they were made.

“For a long time it's been my hope to make this film and tell the pioneering story of the small team of filmmakers behind these shows; a team that was so desperate to make 'proper' grown up films that they utilised all their ingenuity to push forward the then limited arts of puppetry and special effects and in the process inadvertently changed film history."

Network also holds the UK home entertainment rights to Four Feather Falls, Supercar, Fireball XL5 and The Secret Service, all classic examples of the developing Supermarionation technique.

Video linky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLGD1iKwiPY
'I ran out of ambition at the age of 27': Peter Cook.
Paul_Lewis
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 10 Apr 2014 01:34

Paul_Lewis wrote:
Samuel_Scott wrote:The Ipcress File is coming too :drinking:

RANSOM's really good. I shall be buying the Blu-ray of that one.

The old IPCRESS FILE Blu-ray was pretty good too, although I shall be interested to see what Network do with it.

According to their site, the extras for The Ipcress File:
SPECIAL FEATURES
[] Michael Caine is Harry Palmer - exclusive interview with Sir Michael Caine
[] Exclusive interview with production designer Sir Ken Adam
[] Commentary with director Sidney Furie and film editor Peter Hunt
[] Michael Caine Goes Stella comedy short
[] 1969 documentary: Candid Caine
[] Original theatrical trailer and US radio commercials
[] Stills gallery

Hopefully good sales will lead to other Harry Palmer movies getting a release.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
Samuel_Scott

Postby Samuel_Scott » 11 Apr 2014 20:05

"Legend of the Lone Ranger" and "Raise the Titanic" coming to Blu-ray in July!

"Bad Timing" (Roeg) in August.
Samuel_Scott

Postby Samuel_Scott » 12 Apr 2014 21:38

Richard III and The Monster Club also coming. I've heard nothing but good things about Scorpion Releasing's Monster Club disc, so hopefully this is the same master.
Samuel_Scott

Postby Mark_Meakin » 13 Apr 2014 08:02

Samuel_Scott wrote:"Legend of the Lone Ranger" and "Raise the Titanic" coming to Blu-ray in July!

"Bad Timing" (Roeg) in August.

The Lone Ranger will be slightly cut like the video though (with the exception of the poor looking Prism release).
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 14 Apr 2014 14:21

Capricorn One and Plenty also coming...
Samuel_Scott

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion