Code Red thread

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Code Red thread

Postby Samuel_Scott » 09 Apr 2014 12:23

So what are peoples thoughts on their first Blu-rays? They have Nail Gun Massacre coming out, for which I have a DVD release which looks bloody awful, so hoping the Blu looks good.

They release some good stuff, but I really hate the way the company is run - so would probably buy from a reseller.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: Code Red thread

Postby Paul_Lewis » 10 Apr 2014 00:28

Samuel_Scott wrote:So what are peoples thoughts on their first Blu-rays? They have Nail Gun Massacre coming out, for which I have a DVD release which looks bloody awful, so hoping the Blu looks good.

They release some good stuff, but I really hate the way the company is run - so would probably buy from a reseller.

Both JUST BEFORE DAWN and VOICES FROM BEYOND were very good presentations, I thought. I was happy with both of those discs, although menus, etc, wouldn't go amiss. However, I agree with you about the way the company is run and the general PR hiccups and vibes that emanate from them in their public communications, which sometimes seem to suggest that Bill doesn't really want the hassle of dealing with customers at all. Then again, every package I've received from them has arrived very swiftly, with no problems whatsoever, and in private (via email) Bill has always fielded any queries I've sent his way politely and efficiently.
'I ran out of ambition at the age of 27': Peter Cook.
Paul_Lewis
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Jim_Mcdonaugh » 10 Apr 2014 01:15

So what are peoples thoughts on their first Blu-rays?

Disappointment. Esp. those hideous HD-DVD discs...
Jim_Mcdonaugh

Postby Samuel_Scott » 10 Apr 2014 01:38

They might tempt me with that $99 deal it must be said. Granted, Bill does not come across as a good businessman at all but I have never heard a bad thing about his timely shipping. He just seems so negative all the time.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion