Resen (Spain)

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Resen (Spain)

Postby Samuel_Scott » 21 Mar 2015 15:47

We have been contacted by Twilight Time and looked into it today, and it appears Resen are a bootleg company and Sony are looking into them with regards to Mysterious Island. Mysterious Island has been removed from the database, and we will be looking at removing the other (thankfully very few) titles we have listed.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Re: Resen (Spain)

Postby Davy_Lee » 22 Mar 2015 02:06

I have few of their titles in my collection. Never thought they were bootlegs because they don't look like them. Perhaps this is true to only selected titles as they have been around for some years releasing lots of DVDs. If this applies to all their titles, Amazon.es should stop carrying their products.
*N=New to collection :-D, U=Upgrade :), DD=Double Dipping :wink:, R=Replacement for damaged disc :-?

“Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it.”
Davy_Lee

Re: Resen (Spain)

Postby Samuel_Scott » 22 Mar 2015 07:27

Davy_Lee wrote:Amazon.es should stop carrying their products.

Yep, I discussed this point with Twilight Time, but often it is their titles being ripped (100% identical encodes) and none of the major studios have licensed anything to them, even though some are on pressed discs. I went through a very long Spanish thead on Mundo DVD and they are certainly very renowned for bootlegs and getting them on to places like Amazon.
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion