Summer movies 2017

A place to discuss DVDs and Blu-Rays!

Moderator: Forum Team

Summer movies 2017

Postby Noor_Razzak » 23 Apr 2017 22:45

The summer movie season has pretty much started, what movies are you most excited to see? Here's my list in alphabetical order:

Alien: Covenant - on the fence on this one, looks like a rehash of the first Alien film. Proceeding with caution as I hated Prometheus.

Atomic Blonde - Love the trailer, Charlize is kicking ass and looking hot as ever, can't wait for this one.

Baby Driver - Huge fan of Edgar Wright, this looks like a winner.

Baywatch - I loved the comedic takes on 21/22 Jump Street and this looks in the sae vein, plus it's got Dwayne Johnson. Looks like a fun ride.

The Beguiled - Sophia Coppola + Elle Fanning + Nicole Kidman + Kirsten Dunst + Colin Ferrell = I'm in. I'm not entirely a Sophia Coppola fan but the trailer looks atmospheric, erie, and interesting.

The Dark Tower - Been waiting years for this to become reality, shame we haven't seen much aside from a few pictures and the fact they keep pushing the release date makes me nervous.

Dunkirk - Easily one of my most anticipated films of the year, the trailer looks stunning and the IMAX 65mm presentation is a must for early viewing. Can't wait.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - Like Dunkirk, this is easily in the top 5 most anticipated films of the year, so excited for this as I LOVED the first one!

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - not entirely excited about a 5th installment but hoping it will be better than the last one.

Spider-Man: Homecoming - Looks great, I like Tom Holland as Peter Parker, easily my favorite actor to portray the character so far.

Transformers: The Last Knight - At this point I could care less if I see it or not, but having endured all previous films in theaters I'll probably torture myself once more.

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - I love Luc Besson and this looks like a return to his Fifth Element days, the trailer makes the film look like so much fun and I hope it delivers. My only problem - I don't like either leads, Dane DeHaan and Cara Delevingne do absolutely nothing for me.

The Wall - Probably going to be the most underrated film of the summer, I can see this one getting lost among the spectacle but still looks like a tense action thriller.

War for the Planet of the Apes - The third installment amps things up, I've loved everything they've done with this series and this looks just as exciting.

Wonder Woman - I've not really liked the DC sleight of films, Man of Steel was ok, Batman v Superman was a huge let down, and Suicide Squad sucked big time. But this looks promising.
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys. (Office Space)
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Summer movies 2017

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 24 Apr 2017 16:19

Alien: Covenant
Atomic Blonde
Baby Driver
The Dark Tower
Dunkirk
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
The Wall
War for the Planet of the Apes
Wonder Woman
The Hitman's Bodyguard
The Circle
The Mummy
Snatched
Logan Lucky
Unlocked
Renegades
Baywatch
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 25 Apr 2017 08:58

No Kingsman guys?

For shame!
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
My 2015 viewing diary - http://www.letterboxd.com/samdvd1/films ... year/2015/
Goal for 2016: 730 films.
Samuel_Scott
Deceased - Former Rewind Staff

Postby Noor_Razzak » 25 Apr 2017 15:39

Samuel_Scott wrote:No Kingsman guys?

For shame!

Comes out in September... not a summer movie IMO ;)
Samir: You know there's nothing wrong with that name.
Michael Bolton: There was nothing wrong with it... until I was about 12 years old and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning Grammys. (Office Space)
Noor_Razzak
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 25 Apr 2017 16:38

September and November are filled with films I'm interested in, some I first thought were sure a summer films.
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 25 Apr 2017 17:04

But I'm British. Summer is one week if we're lucky! :lol:
I work away a lot but I will reply to all PM's within a few days so please have patience!
Samuel_Scott

Postby Ain_Uussaar » 25 Apr 2017 17:32

Well I'm Estonian and we don't have summer just 12 months of shitty skiing weather :wink:
Ain_Uussaar
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Samuel_Scott » 25 Apr 2017 19:53

Ain_Uussaar wrote:Well I'm Estonian and we don't have summer just 12 months of shitty skiing weather :wink:

:lol:
Samuel_Scott

Return to DVD & Blu-Ray Discussion