Henry’s Crime (duplicate entries) UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Henry’s Crime (duplicate entries) UPDATED

Postby Markus_Lang » 04 Dec 2021 16:14

Markus_Lang

Re: Henry’s Crime (duplicate entries)

Postby Matthew_B_Harrah » 05 Dec 2021 08:29

Very odd :-? :o . When checking before making the pages I searched both "Henry's Crime" and "Henrys Crime" and nothing came up. Will get right on it.

A bit later:
Strange thing here, my page is spelled the same as the others, yet when I put it in the search only my two show up. Yet if I copy and paste the two older pages titles (spelled the same) only theirs show up. There maybe some technical error here, search-wise that is.
Main Player:Oppo UDP-203 Regional Player:LG BH200 TV:P75QX-H1
Matthew_B_Harrah
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Markus_Lang » 05 Dec 2021 16:23

“Henry's Crime” uses apostrophe U+0027.

“Henrys Crime” uses right single quotation mark U+2019 (typographically preferred).

Also cf. the tip: “If your search contains an apostrophe, try searching for a part of the title without one, e.g. for All's Well That Ends Well, search for Well That Ends Well to avoid the word containing the apostrophe.”

You should have searched for Henry Crime, for instance.
Markus_Lang

Postby Matthew_B_Harrah » 05 Dec 2021 19:10

Markus_Lang wrote:“Henry's Crime” uses apostrophe U+0027.

“Henrys Crime” uses right single quotation mark U+2019 (typographically preferred).

Also cf. the tip: “If your search contains an apostrophe, try searching for a part of the title without one, e.g. for All's Well That Ends Well, search for Well That Ends Well to avoid the word containing the apostrophe.”

You should have searched for Henry Crime, for instance.

I did similar, by removing the apostrophe "Henrys Crime" but nothing still showed at the time.
Main Player:Oppo UDP-203 Regional Player:LG BH200 TV:P75QX-H1
Matthew_B_Harrah
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Ulrich_Christensen » 21 Dec 2021 09:25

Matthew_B_Harrah wrote:I did similar, by removing the apostrophe "Henrys Crime" but nothing still showed at the time.

The system is not "smart enough" to recognize words with or without apostrophe as the same. Always truncate words to the part before or after a special character, instead of doing smart "reasonable" human things.
Ulrich_Christensen
Rewind Administrator
Rewind Administrator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests