The Diabolical Dr. Z (1966) DVD UPDATED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

The Diabolical Dr. Z (1966) DVD UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 21 Jan 2022 15:31

The Diabolical Dr. Z (1966)

DVD

America - Mondo Macabro

1. disc is Region 0
(at least according to my software player it is - it reports it as regions: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, All. I don't know why someone else believes it is Region 1)

2. Aspect Ratio is 1.75:1

3. add to Extras:

Mondo Macabro previews (2:31)

4. Update "Notes" as follows (I have provided a version of Notes with the new updates below so you can just copy and paste):

a. remove note about Region (see point 1 above)
b. add note about Aspect Ratio
c. add note about how to access Mondo Macabro previews
d. minor re-wording: (despite the boxes claim of "stereo") -> (despite claim of "stereo" on back of case)
(For the latter, I changed the wording for consistency with the other notes. Alternatively this bit could remain as it is,
but if you do that, "boxes" should be corrected to "box's")

Notes:

A PAL > NTSC transfer.
Back of case incorrectly states Aspect Ratio is 1.66:1.
To access the extra "Mondo Macabro previews": go to final page of Danie White biography, select MORE>> to get to credits page, select MORE>> again.
If you choose the (inferior) English soundtrack, scenes excised from the English version will appear in French with English subtitles, allowing the viewer to see just what was cut out of the export version. Audio is "mono" (despite claim of "stereo" on back of case).

source: I own it

P.S. While this Mondo Macabro DVD has some exclusive extras making it worth keeping, for anyone who owns this and can play region A Blu-rays, I highly recommend also getting the Redemption/Kino Lorber Blu-ray. The picture and sound are stunning, and finally do justice to this beautifully shot noir-ish movie, plus it has an excellent exclusive commentary track. And if you can't play region A Blu-rays, try to treat yourself to a multi-region player, as you are missing out on lots of great region-locked releases, including this one. Uncle Jess would be proud of you!
Darrel_Griffin

Re: The Diabolical Dr. Z (1966) DVD

Postby Eric_Cotenas » 22 Jan 2022 13:21

Updated.
Eric_Cotenas
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: The Diabolical Dr. Z (1966) DVD UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 23 Jan 2022 11:28

Hi Eric -

You added the note about how to access Mondo Macabro previews, but you haven't added it in the actual list of extras:

Mondo Macabro previews (2:31)

(alternatively, you could change all this and include it as an easter egg, but I didn't do this myself, as it is mentioned on the back of the case, and the way to access it is not hidden as such, just not explicitly described, as the link on the page just says "MORE>>".)

I had no idea there had been other DVD and Blu-ray releases - excellent research, thanks!
Darrel_Griffin

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests