Witch Story (1989) UPDATED

Corrections to existing comparisons can now be submitted here!

Moderator: Forum Team

Forum rules
  • Please keep the maximum number of correction threads you have open to three at a time.
  • Do not put UPDATE or UPDATED in the title of your submissions.

Witch Story (1989) UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 07 May 2024 10:05

Witch Story (1989)

https://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/ ... ?fid=68486
https://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/ ... ?fid=68487

A minor point, but for all releases, option of slipcase + slipcover, not just a slipcover:

Also available with a hard slipcase + slipcover at Vinegar Syndrome and select indie retailers, limited to 6000 copies.

-
source:
https://vinegarsyndrome.com/products/witch-story
Darrel_Griffin

Re: Witch Story (1989)

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 07 May 2024 12:59

So there is one cover and another cover over it?
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Witch Story (1989) FAO Darrel

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 08 May 2024 08:51

Yes. I don't own this item myself, but I have several other Vinegar Syndrome releases that have exactly this.

It is not very clear from the pictures on the VS product page, but the first image is the front of the outer slipcase, with an opening on the right hand side, including a slight cut-out for ease of access. The second image is the back of this outer case, then the third and fourth images are the front and back of the inner O-ring slipcover. If you look carefully and the second image, at the cut-out section on the left, you can just make out a small part of the back of the inner slipcover e.g. some of the candles.

They refer to it as "a spot gloss hard slipcase + slipcover combo".
Darrel_Griffin

Re: Witch Story (1989) FAO Darrel

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 08 May 2024 11:39

I can change it to that as that's what they're printing, but it looks like a slipbox to me. I assume then a slipbox is a harder slipcase.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Witch Story (1989) UPDATED

Postby Darrel_Griffin » 09 May 2024 09:32

Well, as is so often the case, there does not seem to be universal consensus on definitions in the industry.

I have raised the topic before, for example stating that 88 Films often use the term "slipcase" when referring to an O-ring cover (openings at top and bottom), but most labels seem to use the term "slipcover" for an O-ring cover, and "slipcase" for a single opening at the side.

Also, I have seen the term "slipbox" used to mean any case with just one opening at the side that is made of thick card, but alternatively it is often used only for a case that is considerably wider than that used to house a single keep case, for example 2 or more keep cases, or 1 keep case plus a thick book.
Darrel_Griffin

Return to Comparison Corrections