Legends Of Oz Dorothy's Return ADDED, CORRECTED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Legends Of Oz Dorothy's Return ADDED, CORRECTED

Postby Ian_Gorski » 20 Apr 2015 19:19

Title: Legends Of Oz Dorothy's Return
Region: B
Releasing Studio: Sterkinekor Entertainment
Case Type: slimline keep case
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1
Anamorphic?: yes
PAL or NTSC?: 1080p 24fps MVC (3D version) AVC (2D version)
Soundtracks: English DTS HD MA 5.1
Subtitles (are they optional?):none
Cuts: (and if you know it, precise run time) 1:31:57 presumably no cuts
Commentaries: none
Extras: none
Notes: 2D and 3D version on 1 disc, selectable
Easter Eggs: none
Amazon ASIN (UK, French, German, USA releases only):
Source:I own it

There is a French 3D release, but that has forced subs on the songs and signage (though not the spoken dialogue) which is why I got this one. The UK version is 2D only.
Last edited by Ian_Gorski on 23 Apr 2015 13:25, edited 2 times in total.
Ian_Gorski

Re: Legends Of Oz Dorothy's Return blu ray B South Africa AD

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 22 Apr 2015 23:08

Thank you, added this along with the US release. Can't find any reliable specs for the UK or French discs at the moment.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Legends Of Oz Dorothy's Return blu ray B South Africa AD

Postby Ian_Gorski » 23 Apr 2015 13:01

The US release does not have a 3D option as far as I know, so I'm not sure where you got those specs. You certainly can't buy it on Amazon.com - lack of 3D is confirmed at http://savebluray3d.blogspot.co.uk/2014 ... orthy.html

I saw the UK version in a charity shop the other day, no 3D option on that either.

The French version does have 3D but if you want to watch it in English you have to put up with forced French subtitles for signage and song lyrics (though they are removeable for the bulk of the dialogue) See http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=241573&page=2

"French subtitles are on by default when English DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 is chosen, but they can be turned off in the subtitle section, so they are not forced. The Beginning main title is displayed in French: Le Monde Magique D'OZ. Am finding that song sequences have forced French subtitles as long as the singing continues. Also, a road sign printed in English has the description in French at the bottom of the screen... Most of the movie still remains originally intact when the option ["Disable"-subtitle] is chosen."

There are quite a few songs in the movie, so having forced subs for them is not ideal, which makes the SA release the best one if you want to watch the film in its original 3D version.
Ian_Gorski

Re: Legends Of Oz Dorothy's Return SEE CORRECTION

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 23 Apr 2015 15:34

Copy and paste error there, and somehow got confused about the non-3D option of the US edition. Got it.
I would like to add the French or UK releases, but also need confirmation on the bonus features as well.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Legends Of Oz Dorothy's Return ADDED, CORRECTED

Postby Ian_Gorski » 24 Apr 2015 09:36

If it helps, Amazon.fr lists the French version's special features as:

- Copie digitale offerte au format UltraViolet
- La musique d'Oz (probably the same as the US music featurette)
- L'héritage d'Oz (probably the same as the US legacy featurette)
- Du storyboard à l'animation

The BBFC listing for the UK version only has a trailer under additional materials, so the UK disc will probably not have the featurettes on it http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/legends- ... eturn-film but I can't find confirmed specs either
Ian_Gorski

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests