Blue Thunder ADDED

A collection of completed Requests and Submissions as of December 28th 2014. This is for reference only.

Moderator: Forum Team

Blue Thunder ADDED

Postby Justin_Key » 06 Apr 2021 17:16

There is a new release of this out by Mediumrare/Frementle with slight differences to the previous UK Blu-ray:

Title: Blue Thunder
Region: B (locked)
Releasing Studio: Mediumrare
Case Type: Keep Case
Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1
Codec: AVC MPEG-4
Picture: 1080p 24Hz
Soundtracks: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 48KHz
Subtitles: English SDH (optional)
Cuts: No?; 109:12 (no cuts I can see but player reports 2 seconds less than other releases on the )
Commentaries: Audio commentary with director John Badham, editor Frank Morriss, and motion control supervisor Hoyt Yeatman
Extras:
"The Special: Building Blue Thunder" - featurette (8:06)
"Ride With The Angels: Making Blue Thunder" featurette (44:41) - single selection in menu which plays all
"1983 Promotional" featurette (8:19)
Theatrical Trailer (3:21)
Notes:
'Making of' has chapter markers but no specific way (eg 'Play All' selection) other than 'chapter skip' to select which part to watch (as seems to be implied on previous entries)

Amazon ASIN (UK): B08WSQTHKB
Source: My copy and multi-region Blu-ray player

I can check about dialogue and music situation if told where to look (timings?), but be aware that because this doesn't have any dub languages I can't compare it on those.
"Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes."
2015 Viewing Diary
Owned and Wishlist online
Justin_Key

Re: Blue Thunder

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 07 Apr 2021 15:06

I've added it, but as for the audio issue, I think Mark can help so I messaged him.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Justin_Key » 10 Apr 2021 23:07

James-Masaki_Ryan wrote:I've added it, but as for the audio issue, I think Mark can help so I messaged him.

Thank you, I'll try to remember to check back and keep an eye out for messages
"Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes."
2015 Viewing Diary
Justin_Key

Postby Mark_Meakin » 13 Apr 2021 23:04

I apologise for not replying sooner. I will check out the disc tomorrow and let you know.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Postby Mark_Meakin » 14 Apr 2021 09:36

Justin/James. I have now checked out my UK Blu-ray of the original Sony release:

1) Different music to original Sony S.E DVD release is around 70:07
2) The Missing "Thank You!" translated on the the Italian/Spanish audio tracks but missing on the English track is around 96:18. This is on the TV/Video & both previous UK DVD versions, but curiously missing here. Another demonstration of the sarcasm of McDowell's character.
Mark_Meakin
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Re: Blue Thunder FAO Justin

Postby Justin_Key » 07 May 2021 16:59

It was difficult to compare the music with the DVD but, unless I'm mistaken, yes, the music changes for a few seconds.

However Cochrane's "Thank You!" is definitely missing (and isn't on the English-only subtitles) so I believe that would indicate the soundtrack is the same as the previous Blu-ray release, adding credence to my belief that I heard the music change in the earlier scene.
2015 Viewing Diary
Justin_Key

Re: Blue Thunder FAO Justin

Postby James-Masaki_Ryan » 28 Feb 2022 14:34

Finally updated.
James-Masaki_Ryan
Rewind Moderator
Rewind Moderator

Return to Completed Submissions and Requests